Marvel’s The Avengers, or simply The Avengers, was a 2012 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. This movie was done so well that several sequels have since sprouted up namely Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, and the upcoming Avengers: Endgame.
But what made these films highly-successful and special is the cast. As excited fans are eager to know more about their favorite Avenger, we bring you a list of these characters with their real-life partners.
1. Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark/Iron Man) and his wife, Susan Downey
2. Chris Hemsworth (Thor) and his wife, Elsa Pataky
3. Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner/Hulk) and his wife, Sunrise Coigney
4. Josh Brolin (Thanos) and his wife, Kathryn Boyd
5. Clark Gregg (Phil Coulson) and his wife, Jennifer Gray
6. Cobie Smulders (Maria Hill) and her husband, Taran Killam
7. Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury) and his wife, LaTanya Richardson
8. Stellan Skarsgård (Professor Erik Selving) and his wife, Megan Everett
9. Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper Potts) and her husband, Brad Falchuk
10. James Spader (Ultron) and his girlfriend, Leslie Stefanson
11. Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Peter Maximoff/Quicksilver) and his wife, Sam Taylor-Wood
12. Paul Bettany (J.A.R.V.I.S and Vision) and his wife, Jennifer Connelly
13. Anthony Mackie (Sam Wilson/Falcon) and his wife, Sheletta Chapital
14. Don Cheadle (James “Rhodey”/War Machine) and his wife, Bridgid Coulter
15. Benedict Cumberbatch (Doctor Stephen Strange) and his wife, Sophie Hunter
16. Peter Dinklage (Eitri) and his wife, Erica Schmidt
The Avengers premiered on April 11, 2012, at Hollywood’s El Capitan Theater and was released in the United States on May 4, 2012. The film mostly received positive reviews from critics, as well as numerous awards and nominations including Academy Award and BAFTA nominations for achievements in visual effects.
The movie’s incredible success since its release worldwide is all thanks to its stellar cast – a brilliant range of talented Hollywood stars.
15 Unbelievable Transformations By Our Favorite Movie Stars
As their characters, these 15 celebrities were totally hard to recognize!
Good actors lose themselves in their roles. They invest time to learn a different accent, adapt mannerisms, and even master new skills depending on the roles that they portray.
In some instances, a drastic change in their entire appearance is needed to fully achieve the effect. Case in point, these Hollywood stars transformed themselves to bring us some of our favorite movie characters - and many of them were so convincing we didn't recognize them right away.
#1. Karen Gillan as Nebula
‘Captain Marvel’ Finally Reveals How Nick Fury Loses His Eye
“Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye!”
People finally got to meet one of the most powerful superheroes in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Captain Marvel introduced Carol Danvers (Brie Larson), a U.S. Air Force pilot turned Kree warrior who somehow finds herself caught in a war between two alien races. However, the film also answered one of the most intriguing questions about the MCU: How did Nick Fury lose his eye?
Fans know Nick Fury as the tough S.H.I.E.L.D director who has mentored the Avengers since 2008's Iron Man. However, he is always associated with his trademark eye patch and unwillingness to reveal how the eye was lost. Luckily, Captain Marvel finally revealed just how it happened and it's truly a shocker.
This article contains 'Captain Marvel' spoilers so turn back now before it's too late.
Lady Gaga University Peers Created A FB Group Saying She’d Never Be Famous
The Oscar winner certainly proved them wrong!
Lady Gaga is certainly proof that hard work and perseverance will lead to success. However, there were some people who once thought that the musician would never be famous. Amazingly, Gaga's own university peers had actually created a Facebook group dedicated to shaming the singer for trying to make her music heard.
The A Star Is Born actress, born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, went to New York University's Tisch School of the Arts. She gained early admission into the music school Collaborative Arts Project 21 where she improved on her songwriting skills by writing essays on art, religion, social issues, and politics. However, she withdrew from school during the second semester of her sophomore year to focus on her career. Some believe that Lady Gaga also decided to leave because of intense mocking from her NYU peers.
A young Stefani Germanotta performs on piano.