Brand piracy has always been a huge problem in the business world – especially for brands that market their products across the globe. It robs them of potential earnings and confuses their buyers. Besides, counterfeit products look almost identical with what
Author Robert Tönnis defines “brand piracy” as “unauthorized usage of protected brand names, labels, designs or description of trade.” Louis Vuitton, Rolex, Cartier, Levi Strauss, and Lacoste are some of the popular brands that are all too often victimized by pirates. These companies lose big chunks of revenue because of counterfeiters who sell similar-looking products which are cheaper. The catch? Well, the non-authetic products are obviously inferior in terms of quality.
Of course, it’s an open secret that China is among the top countries that produce knock-off stuff. They have the capacity to manufacture since they are often commissioned by companies from different countries. As you will see on the pictures below though, China is not alone in creating and patronizing imitations.
Still, I couldn’t help but chuckle in delight as I recently saw these photos of counterfeited brands. Sure, piracy is a serious concern but I can’t stop laughing with how ridiculous and hilarious these copycats are.
You really have to see it to get what I mean. So feel free to scroll down and I’m sure you will be cracking up soon enough.
1. An obscene version of the popular franchise.
2. Perhaps a minion owns this business.
3. Michaelsoft. Binbows. How epic can you get?
4. Just do it, Mike!
5. Johnnie Worker. Nuff said!
6. So S is actually not for Super? Mindblown!
7. Exploring new business fields, eh?
8. They should've called it iShoes or something.
9. Where the customers are king.
10. Ironically, the store doesn't accept cards.
11. Now this toy is no longer exclusively for boys.
12. Not Puma. Look closely!
13. Well, at least they spelled coffee right (unlike #1).
14. Explorer has given up their browser to produce sunscreens instead.
15. A Nintendo and Sony lovechild.
Spread the laughter by sharing this post on social media now!