There was a time that oil diffusers adorned almost every home in our attempt to relieve ourselves from stress.
24-year-old Emily Smith shared her terrifying experience with an oil diffuser warning others to be careful when using them. Smith was diffusing a blend of undiluted patchoili oil and other oils in her home in London to alleviate stress.
Emily Smith, 24, suffered chemical burns because of her oil diffuser.
She felt her skin sting and hot. She ran her face under the tap for 10 minutes and soaked her face for another 20 minutes. She called 111 (UK’s equivalent for 911) and described her condition and said that she got a first-degree burn and does not need to go to the emergency room.
- ALOCANE BURN GEL is a water based formula with an efficient proprietary transfer vehicle that quickly absorbs deep into the layers of skin. Soothing Aloe Gel and Vitamin E, assists the healing process
- WITH THE 4% LIDOCAINE, which is the maximum percentage of Lidocaine allowed by the US FDA for over the counter products, it relieves pain fast while soothes the skin and helps with fast itch relief
- RECOMMENDED BY PHYSICIANS AND PHARMACISTS to use on First Degree Burns and including: Flame, Sunburn, Kitchen Burns, Electricity burns, heat, light, Itches, Rashes, Bug Bites, Shingles and much more
- EASY TO APPLY generously to the burned area up to 4 times daily, Treat Any Burn even 1st degree burns, clear gel, immediate burn relief, little to no smell, Recommended for Children and Adults
- THE BRAZILIAN ALOE GEL has a cooling effect on the itchy hot skin and promotes healing while the Lidocaine decreases healing time while stopping the burning fast. A Must have for your First Aid Kit
However, she felt her condition worsened her face was swollen, her eyes were blurred and watering, and her skin was producing puss, so she went to the emergency room. After 12 hours she was diagnosed with a chemical burn.
Emily Smith warned others of diffusing oils at home.
Emily Smith said,
“In the process of turning the appliance off, some of the vapor from the diffuser must have sprayed onto my face. But I didn’t think anything of this. I discovered the real danger of these essential oils, and realized that when the diffuser had sprayed onto me, essential oils had soaked onto my face and eyes and remained there. When exposed to the fire, these had a chemical reaction and ‘ignited.’ Had I realized this earlier, I might have been given priority at the hospital, and treated faster.”
According to Joshua Zeichner, M.D., director of cosmetic and clinical research in dermatology at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, essential oils can definitely cause chemical burns. It is important to contact a physician when your skin comes in contact with oils and you start experiencing a reaction as chemical burns can be quite serious.
Japanese Woman Confessed She “Disposed” Her 4 Kids In Concrete Buckets
She kept the secret for the last 20 years.
A 53-year-old Japanese woman surrendered to the police saying that she “disposed” her four babies in buckets filled with concrete she kept in her apartment for years. She said that she was bothered by what she has done over the years.
Mayumi Saito was arrested for placing four newborn babies in buckets of concrete between 1992 and 1997. Earlier this month, Saito went to a koban (police box) and confessed to her crime. Police went to her apartment and found four buckets packed with concrete inside a large cardboard box placed in a closet. An image analysis confirmed that buckets contained human bones.
Mayumi Saito may have been overwhelmed by guilt over the years because of her crime.
Mom Rushes Daughter to ER After Seeing Something Stuck Inside Her Nose
The object was removed by a surgeon.
Children can really be a handful. Young ones definitely love to explore the world around them, and that could mean putting themselves in rather risky situations. One little girl from the Philippines recently had to be hospitalized after her curiosity led to an emergency.
Filipino mom Mikee Mae Timpug recently posted her story on Facebook. In her post, she talks about her daughter's medical emergency in the hopes of preventing similar situations from happening to others.
According to Timpug, the problem started when her daughter started having on and off fever.
Shocked Filipina Mother Finds Objects Stuck Up Her 2-Year-Old Baby’s Nose
Always pay attention to any sign of discomfort.
Being a parent is a tough job. No matter how much you try to take care of and protect your child, accidents and illnesses are still inevitable. That's what one Filipina mother recently experienced.
A Facebook post by Filipino mom Riza Canunayan is going viral. In it, she tells her story of finding objects stuck up her poor two-year-old child's nose. Her concern and message is resonating with parents.