Weddings are rife with different rituals that we’ve all pretty much gotten used to. From the bouquet and garter toss to the huge wedding entourages, most of these rituals don’t seem strange to the typical wedding-goer.
But have you ever seen newlyweds jumping over brooms? Or eating out of toilets? Or being pelted with garbage? These are actual wedding rituals that you might not want to be around to witness.
Here are a few more weird wedding rituals to watch out for at the next wedding you attend.
1. In Mauritania, ladies go to fat farms to gain weight in order to be eligible for marriage!
2. Greek weddings break plates at the wedding to scare off evil spirits.
3. There’s a French wedding ritual where the loved ones of the newlyweds eat chocolate out of a real toilet bowl!
4. In Scotland, the newlyweds get pelted with rotten food trash because they believe that if the newlyweds can withstand this, they can withstand everything.
5. People of Daur, China open up a chicken to check its liver. If the liver is healthy, the proposed wedding date is approved. If it’s not healthy, you open up another chicken with a healthier liver.
6. In India, some women are considered cursed because the man they will marry will die early. To avoid this curse, they first marry a tree before marrying their man.
7. Newlyweds in South America jump over a broom to symbolize moving forward with their lives together.
8. In Armenia, maidens eat a piece of salty bread to have a prophetic dream about the man they’ll marry. The man is believed to appear in her dream bearing a glass of water.
9. South Korean bachelor beat the groom’s feet with fish and canes to give him the strength he needs for marriage.
10. Some men from Fiji must first ask his beloved’s father for her hand in marriage by presenting him with the tooth of a whale!
11. In Kenya, the bride’s father must spit on his daughter’s head and breasts to bless her. After this ritual is done, she can no longer back out of the marriage because she’ll turn to stone!
12. In Sweden, you can get cozy with the groom during the wedding because when the bride leaves the table, every girl can kiss the groom!
13. In Borneo, newlyweds can’t use the bathroom for three days during the honeymoon!
14. There’s a Chinese custom where the bride must cry for an hour each day for a month before the wedding.
15. Greek weddings have a traditional money dance where the newlyweds share a dance and guests pin money onto their clothes.
What’s the weirdest wedding ritual in your country? Share them with us below!
Follow On Facebook
Fans Use American Flag to Save Falling Cat During Football Game in Miami
TikToker Shares How She Tricked Invaders Who Tried Opening The Hotel Door While She Was Alone
5-Year-Old Artist Already Getting Commissioned For Her Paintings
Hiker Discovers Creepy Alien-Like Creature That “Smells Like Rotting Flesh”
New York Store Is Selling ‘Wet Pants Denim’ For $75
Burglary Victim Writes Heartbreaking Note Begging Robber To Return Last Photos Dog
Meet The Gorgeous Actress Who Portrayed Zombie Queen In ‘Army Of The Dead’
Florida School Sparks Outrage After Editing 80 Female Students’ Photos To Cover Their Cleavage
McDonald’s Recruitment Poster Offers New Employees With Free iPhone After Working For 6 Months
Horrific Video Shows Lioness Attacking Circus Trainer In Russia
Man Iced Neighbor Who Repeatedly Asked Him “When Are You Getting Married?”
Do You Live in One of These 15 Countries With The Most Beautiful Women on Earth?
The Secret Meaning of Anklets And Why Some Wives Wear Them
Waking Up Between 3 to 5 AM Could Mean You’re Experiencing Spiritual Awakening
Divorced Man Wrote 20 Epic Marriage Advice He Wished He Could Have Had
Haunting Photos of Two Tourists Snapped Just Before They Mysteriously Disappeared
“Chastity Cages” is the Latest Thing for Men
Pork Fat Is Officially One of the World’s Most Nutritious Foods
Some Stranger Padlocked This Guy’s Earlobe And Ran Away With The Key
Three-Month-Old Baby Left Blind in One Eye After Family Friend Took His Picture
Crazy Story Archives
News9 months ago
Mexican Residents Tie Mayor To Tree After He Failed To Fulfill His Campaign Promise
Interesting9 months ago
Diver Coaxes Octopus To Trade His Plastic Cup For A Shell
OMG10 months ago
Chilling Footage Shows Guy Carrying His Tinder Date’s Corpse Inside A Suitcase
OMG8 months ago
Bride Asks Husband If She Can Hug Her Ex-BF “One Final Time” During Wedding