- The United States Department of Justice warned people against blatant spreading of the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19), noting that they could be charged as “terrorist.”
- The American government also stressed that it will not tolerate any “threats” or “attempts” to use the coronavirus as a weapon against people.
- The authority also warned the public to be cautious over a wide range of “fraudulent and criminal” activities connected with the virus.
The United States Department of Justice issued an official statement against people who may be planning to intentionally spread the coronavirus or those who are thinking of scamming the public by way of extortion.
Base on the memo issued by the department to federal law enforcement agencies, Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen warned Americans who will intentionally spread the fatal virus (COVID-19) saying they could be charged as “terrorists.” Rosen explained further that the CoronaVirus can be considered as “biological agent” and so a terrorism charge is suitable.
“Such acts potentially could implicate the nation’s terrorism-related statutes. Threats or attempts to use COVID-19 as a weapon against Americans will not be tolerated,” Rosen strongly said.
The order shows the government’s aggressive steps to combat not only the disease but individuals who may be thinking of taking advantage of the crisis in any way.
“We must do the best we can to protect Americans’ rights and safety in this novel and troubling time,” Rosen added.
As of this writing, there are already over 68,000 confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country and a death toll of more than 1,000.
Rosen likewise warned the public about criminal and fraudulent activities, such as robot-generated calls making fake offers to sell respirator masks with no intention of shipping the item.
Rosen said that the U.S. government will also not tolerate anyone that capitalizing this pandemic by extorting money from people.
The memo was made after Attorney General William Barr called on federal prosecutors to focus on the investigation of scammers and hackers “exploiting the pandemic”.
Barr also told the public to be more cautious on buying medicines as there are now a lot of fake cure for coronavirus circulating around social media.
He then called on law enforcers to remain vigilant in “detecting, investigating, and prosecuting” these illegal activities related to the pandemic.
A Twitter user asked if it is considered “terrorism” when a “political official” makes a pronouncement that Americans can go back to work, despite a pandemic. The netizen was obviously talking about Pres. Donald Trump.
The U.S. president recently urged all Americans to return to work by Easter.
Prince Charles Tests Positive for Coronavirus
Camilla and the Queen are still in good health.
- Prince Charles is now in self-isolation at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, along with Camilla, who tested negative.
- He fell ill after he attended an event in London, where Prince Albert of Monaco, who also has the virus, was present.
- The Queen "remains in good health."
The “Super-Spreader” Party That Started the Coronavirus Outbreak in Connecticut
Some of the guests went on to attend larger gatherings in New York.
- One of the guests, a 43-year-old man from Johannesburg, became sick during his flight home, exposing the passengers to the virus.
- Some of the other guests attended larger events in New York.
- The governor of Connecticut had to close restaurants and public buildings across the state.
At Least 23 Italian Doctors Have Already Died Because of Coronavirus
And the numbers will still go higher…
- The numbers are getting higher, as more and more people are getting infected.
- Shortage of protective gear such as masks and gowns are an alarming concern.
- Doctors are forced to choose whom to prioritize when giving medical care.
Chinese Textbook Changes Bible Story, Claims Jesus Killed A Sinner
Huge Fire Breaks Out In Huawei 5G Research Facility In China
How An Old TV Caused An Entire Village To Lose Broadband Access Daily For 18 Months
The Circular Gardens of Brøndby Haveby
Sci/Tech4 days ago
Man Flies Like Iron Man Using A Jet Powered Flying Suit
Videos7 days ago
“Pull It Out, Prove it” Dude Walks Out After His Girl Reveals She’s Actually A Man
Travel4 days ago
Sigiriya, an Ancient Fortress in Sri Lanka
Videos3 days ago
Huge Iceberg Flips Over On Arctic Explorers Who Tried To Climb It