- The United States Air Force has sent six b-52 bombers to the Diego Garcia base near Iran.
- Although the deployment does not mean automatically airstrikes against Iran, a US official has said that the aircrafts are ready to carry out military operations once they are ordered.
Amid growing tensions with Iran, the United States Air Force has dispatched six B-52 bombers to the military base in the island of Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean . This action follows after rumors of increasing threats from Iran after Iranian General Qassem Soleimani has been killed in an airstrike by the US.
According to reports, the B-52 bombers were seen leaving Louisiana’s Barksdale Air Force Base for Diego Garcia, which is found 2,300 miles south of Iran. All six aircrafts are capable of carrying cruise missiles, and nuclear gravity bombs, among others.
The deployed bombers are ready for operations – once ordered.
In a CNN article, we learn that an unnamed official from the Pentagon said that, once ordered, the bombers will be available for operations against Iran. However, the report also clarified that deployment itself does not mean that airstrikes have already been ordered.
Watch the video report here for more info:
Iran recently launched over a dozen ballistic missiles at two military bases in Iraq housing US troops.
According to US President Donald Trump,”no Americans were harmed” during the attack and the damages sustained were minor.
“Iran appears to be standing down,” Trump said in a televised address.
The president also added that it is “a good thing for all parties concerned and a very good thing for the world.”
During the speech, he also said Iran will not be permitted to obtain nuclear weapon, adding:
“We must all work together toward making a deal with Iran that makes the world a safer and more peaceful place.”
Trump ended his message by emphasizing that the country is “ready to embrace peace with all who seek it.”
Pope Francis Issues Apology After Slapping Woman’s Hand
Despite the apology, some people still believe the woman “deserved” the smack.
- Pope Francis of the Roman Catholic Church recently made headlines after slapping a woman's hand.
- The incident, which happened in St Peter's Square, Vatican City has sparked different comments both from believers and non-believers of the faith.
- The pontiff has since apologized about his act.
Cruise Line Slapped With $20M Fine After Getting Caught Dumping Trash Into Ocean
The company is now promising to be more careful about taking care of the environment.
- A cruise line company has been found to be illegally dumping food waste and plastic into the ocean.
- Because of this, the company has been fined $20 million for its actions.
- The corporation is now changing its ways and has vowed to reduce gas emissions.
New Zealand Eruption: Death Toll May Rise After White Island Volcano Suddenly Erupts
White Island Volcano could still erupt within 24 hours.
- 25 people are now fighting for their life after the White Island disaster
- Six have been confirmed dead, while 8 are still missing
- The volcano could erupt again in 24 hours
Like Us On Facebook
Woman Bakes Heart-Shaped Macarons, They Ended Up Looking Like Something Else
Helicopters Drop Food For Hungry Animals Who Survived Australian Wildfire
Sweet Filipina Woman Proposes To Her Boyfriend – And He Said Yes!
People are Outraged at Wendy Williams for Mocking Joaquin Phoenix’s “Cleft Lip”