- The tragic crash of a Ukrainian passenger plane, which claimed 176 lives, was believed to have been caused by technical failure.
- However, new information suggests it may have been accidentally shot by missiles fired by Iran.
Days ago, reports told us that the a Ukrainian passenger plane taking off from Iran’s Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport tragically crashed because of technical problems. New evidence, however, suggest that may not exactly be the case.
Now officials from the Pentagon are now looking at the possibility that the aircraft was shot down by anti-aircraft missiles from Iran. This is despite the insistence of Iranian authorities that what happened can all be blamed to engine malfunction.
The tragic plane crash claimed 176 lives.
Ali Abedzadeh, head of Iran’s Civil Aviation Organisation (CAOI), said in an ISNA News Agency interview that it is “scientifically impossible” that a missile hit the plane. “Such rumors are illogical,” he added.
Despite that, a US official believes that the ill-fated aircraft was taken down by Iran – and Ukraine officials seem to agree.
Secretary Oleksiy Danilov of Ukraine’s Security Council shared with the media that new information point out that “elements of a missile” were discovered near the crash site.
It was probably shot down by accident.
“It was flying in a pretty rough neighborhood,” US President Donald Trump said, when asked about his thoughts. “Somebody could have made a mistake on the other side.”
In an Associated Press interview, former Ukraine International Airlines mechanic Oleksandr Zaprozchenko described the aircraft as “one of the most reliable out there,” noting he knew a crew member and the plane didn’t have any problems.
The black boxes have been recovered but so far, Iran wouldn’t share them.
Ukraine’s Foreign Affairs deputy Minister Sergiy Kylystsya:
“We insist Iran give us full access to the investigation and to the materials of the investigation and I call on everyone to avoid any speculations.”
Watch the ABC News Australia report here:
US Deploys 6 Nuclear-Capable B-52 Bombers Near Iran
According to an official, the bombers are ready for operations against Iran – once ordered.
- The United States Air Force has sent six b-52 bombers to the Diego Garcia base near Iran.
- Although the deployment does not mean automatically airstrikes against Iran, a US official has said that the aircrafts are ready to carry out military operations once they are ordered.
Pope Francis Issues Apology After Slapping Woman’s Hand
Despite the apology, some people still believe the woman “deserved” the smack.
- Pope Francis of the Roman Catholic Church recently made headlines after slapping a woman's hand.
- The incident, which happened in St Peter's Square, Vatican City has sparked different comments both from believers and non-believers of the faith.
- The pontiff has since apologized about his act.
Cruise Line Slapped With $20M Fine After Getting Caught Dumping Trash Into Ocean
The company is now promising to be more careful about taking care of the environment.
- A cruise line company has been found to be illegally dumping food waste and plastic into the ocean.
- Because of this, the company has been fined $20 million for its actions.
- The corporation is now changing its ways and has vowed to reduce gas emissions.
Like Us On Facebook
Lebanese Offer Free Shelters in the Wake of Beirut Blast
Sweet Boyfriend Sits Outside Girlfriend’s Room Everyday After She Tests Positive of COVID-19
Thai Ladyboys Turn Heads in Recent Military Draft
Bridezilla Asks Guests and Family to Submit 250-Word Essays to Be on Guestlist
Tasaday Stone Age Tribe: A Philippines Savage Hoax That Fooled The World
Online Shoppers Got Duped Into Buying Miniature Versions of Full-Size Products
Video Captures The Exact Moment The Beirut Explosion Happened During A Wedding Photoshoot
Artist Creates Alien-Inspired Facehugger Face Mask
- News4 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News6 days ago
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
- News4 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Interesting7 days ago
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands “Barkada” Restaurant to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation