- In a Twitter post, President Donald Trump shared the official logo of the US Space Force.
- Netizens were quick to point out that the symbol bore a striking resemblance to the one from the hit sci-fi franchise Star Trek.
- However, others said the logo was based on Air Force One and NASA.
President Donald Trump has recently revealed the logo for the US Space Force – and netizens just couldn’t resist reacting to it. As many have pointed out, the emblem looks extremely similar to that of the hit Hollywood sci-fi franchise Star Trek.
So is this one of those classic cases of stealing someone’s idea and then slightly tweaking it so it looks a bit different? Let’s take a closer look and compare the two logos.
The official logo of the United States Space Force, as unveiled by President Donald Trump.
In a post on Twitter, President Trump wrote:
“After consultation with our Great Military Leaders, designers, and others, I am pleased to present the new logo for the United States Space Force, the Sixth Branch of our Magnificent Military!”
People immediately recognized its similarity with the iconic logo from Star Trek.
Looking at them side by side, we definitely couldn’t blame people for noticing the undeniable resemblance.
George Takei, who portrayed Hikaru Sulu in the original 1960s Star Trek TV show, immediately made fun of the familiar-looking insignia.
The actor jokingly tweeted:
“Ahem. We’re expecting some royalties from this.”
His post eventually went viral as it received numerous shares from his fans.
There were also some people, however, who defended that the logo is obviously inspired by the US Air Force One and NASA.
Of course, it didn’t take long before social media meme makers began dishing out their own takes on the controversial symbol.
Here are some we’ve spotted making the rounds online:
FBI Raids Filipino Pastor’s Church in Los Angeles for Human Trafficking
He’s the same pastor who claims he can stop earthquakes.
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has raided the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in Los Angeles after receiving complaints about human trafficking.
- The complainants, who were members of the said church, said that they are being forced to solicit donations to fund founder Apollo C. Quiboloy's lifestyle.
- Three church leaders have been arrested by the authorities as a result of the raid.
Chinese Woman With Fever ‘Cheats’ Coronavirus Check, Flies to Dine in France
“My exit was smooth,” she boasted.
- A woman from Wuhan, China has angered netizens after boasting about how she 'cheated' a coronavirus screening at the airport.
- She flew to France to dine at a Michelin-star restaurant.
- She has since been tracked down by the Chinese embassy in Paris.
China Is Building A New Hospital In 6 Days For Coronavirus Patients
“China has a record of getting things done fast even for monumental projects like this.”
- China is erecting a 1,000-bed hospital in Wuhan, Hubei to accommodate more coronavirus patients.
- The said medical facility is expected to be up and running within 6 days.
Like Us On Facebook
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding