- Dr. Yael Bar-Zeev has recently warned that that smoking and exposure to second-hand smoke can increase the risk of contracting the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19).
- According to the public health doctor, smoking weakens a person’s immune system and so they can be vulnerable to the said virus.
Israeli expert Dr. Yael Bar-Zeev has warned all smokers about the possibilities of contracting the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19). She explained that smoking can weaken a person’s immune system and thus increases the risk of contracting different kinds of viruses and bacteria in the respiratory system.
Bar-Zeev also cited the coronavirus situation in Wuhan, China where mortality rate appeared to be higher in men than women. This, according to her, is due to the higher numbers of male smokers which accounted for up to50% compared with just 2% female smokers.
“Here’s what we already know: In a small study of about 80 coronavirus patients, those who smoked were 14 times more likely to have serious illness,” said Bar-Zeev, who is currently a public health doctor in Hebrew University’s Braun School of Public Health and Community Health.
She explained further that even before the coronavirus outbreak, smoking already causes serious illnesses such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, heart disease, and even diabetes. All those illnesses have higher risk of serious illness and death from COVID-19.
She cited one 38-year-old patient who tested positive of the COVID-19 after contracting the virus when he was driving a group of Greek tourists. Reports stated that the severity of his condition was linked to his smoking habits, despite him being relatively young.
“Smoking weakens the immune system in general, and increases the risk of getting viruses and bacteria in the respiratory system. Smokers are likely to have a greater risk of corona disease and a more severe morbidity and morality risk,” Bar-Zeev added.
Bar-Zeev said the coronavirus outbreak caused all of us some uncertainties and concerns. She likewise urged smokers to start quitting the vice.
“This information about the danger of smoking and coronavirus is stressful, it also allows you to act. If up to now, you’ve been dithering or thinking about quitting, now is the time to try,” Bar-Zeev said.
Watch Dr. Sharon Nyatsanza speak about why smokers are more vulnerable to COVID-19:
Spanish Princess Becomes The First Royal To Die From COVID-19
Rest in peace, Red Princess…
- Spanish Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma recently died from coronavirus (COVID-19), according to an official announcement by her family.
- She died last March 26, 2020 in Paris. She was 86 years old.
- Princess Maria Teresa was the third royal victim of the dreaded disease, after Prince Charles of Wales also tested positive of the virus.
China Sells ‘Faulty’ COVID-19 Test Kits to Spain and Czech Republic
According to Spain, the testing kits only had an accuracy rate of 30%.
- Spanish health authorities have announced they will return coronavirus test kits they purchased from China after they presented only 30% accuracy rate.
- The Chinese government was quick to deny the accusation and clarified that the 340,000 test kits that Spain purchased were from an unlicensed provider Shenzhen Bioeasy Biotechnology.
- Czech Republic also found that 80% of coronavirus test kits from China presented faulty results.
The World Has A New Pollution Problem: Improperly-Disposed Face Masks!
“That some masks could have been used by infected people adds an especially worrying threat.”
- The world is facing a new environmental problem as some people are irresponsibly-disposing their face masks.
- Environmental groups have warned that this can be dangerous for marine life.
- Meanwhile, experts have also explained that masks worn by COVID-19-infected individuals can pose a health threat to the public.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”