- In an attempt to prevent further spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Qatar has closed its borders to passenger planes coming from 14 different countries.
- The health ministry assured the public that they are taking “all necessary preventive measures” to limit the spread of the dreaded disease.
- Schools and university classes have likewise been cancelled in the country from March 10 and onwards.
Qatar has recently announced a temporary travel restriction, banning the entry of travelers from 14 different countries. The said decision has been made to curb the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the country, reports said.
According to an official announcement by the Ministry of Health, the temporary ban will be implemented from February 24 to March 9. This means passengers bound to Doha with travel history from the countries in question will not be permitted.
The countries included in the travel ban are:
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
The statement explained:
“The step comes in line with the State of Qatar’s efforts to take all necessary preventive measures to limit the spread of the virus… The decision affects all individuals intending to enter from these countries, including visas upon arrival, those with a residence or work permit, and temporary visitors.”
On top of that, Qatar Airways has also halted flights to and from Italy, one of the countries that are badly-affected by the virus.
Classes in schools and universities have also been suspended in the country from March 10 “until further notice,” reported the Qatar News Agency.
As of this writing, Qatar has 18 confirmed cases of COVID-19. Across the world, we now have 114,458 infected individuals and 4,027 deaths with China, Italy and South Korea having the most number of casualties.
Health experts are continually reminding the public to observe proper hand hygiene and cough etiquette.
Loving Bro Creates a Stunning Gown for His Sister’s JS Prom
It was a Do It Yourself (DIY) and Youtube browsing helped Maverick Francisco Oyao’s finish an ala-Michael Cinco inspired Spring and Summer Collection.
- When the school announced the date of his sister's JS prom, Maverick Francisco Oyao worried about his parents cannot afford on buying or renting his sister a ball gown.
- Upon his sister insistence, he decided to make her a ball gown from scratch.
- Oyao first doubted himself if he can create and finish the gown on time, but thanks to his mother, google, and youtube, her sister flaunted the gown beautifully and elegantly.
- When he shared this story, netizens can't get over it and shared his good deed
Fake Cop Gets Arrested After Pulling Over Real Police Officers
Definitely NOT his lucky day!
- Valiery Portlock, 25 years old, posed as a fake cop in Hicksville, Long Island in New York.
- Unfortunately for him, he pulled over a van carrying detectives from the electronic squad of the police department.
- Portlock attempted to escape them but he was immediately stopped by highway patrol officers.
- He is now facing two charges as a result of his actions.
Sisters Who Are Polar Opposites Delight the Internet
One owns an inflatable unicorn at home while another has a small coffin near her doormat.
- Two sisters went viral on Twitter after their pictures together caught everyone's attention.
- The original post, shared by Alexandria Bishop, shows her and her sister Jessica Toutant - who look nothing alike because of their styles.
Like Us On Facebook
Lebanese Offer Free Shelters in the Wake of Beirut Blast
Sweet Boyfriend Sits Outside Girlfriend’s Room Everyday After She Tests Positive of COVID-19
Thai Ladyboys Turn Heads in Recent Military Draft
Bridezilla Asks Guests and Family to Submit 250-Word Essays to Be on Guestlist
Tasaday Stone Age Tribe: A Philippines Savage Hoax That Fooled The World
Online Shoppers Got Duped Into Buying Miniature Versions of Full-Size Products
Video Captures The Exact Moment The Beirut Explosion Happened During A Wedding Photoshoot
Artist Creates Alien-Inspired Facehugger Face Mask
- News4 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News6 days ago
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
- News4 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Interesting7 days ago
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands “Barkada” Restaurant to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation