- The Philippine Secretary of Foreign Affairs has openly declared he will not hesitate to call on Washington DC for help if China attacks their naval vessels.
- Sec. Teodoro Locsin Jr’s statement comes after China accused Philippines of “illegal provocation” after the former asserted its rights on the controversial disputed waters.
- Locsin’s declarations are remarkably different compared to the speech given by President Rodrigo Duterte during his State of the Nation address.
The Philippines will invoke its defense treaty with the United States of America if China attacks its naval vessels, said a top Filipino official. This statement marks the first time that the administration under President Rodrigo Duterte has admitted it will seek Washington’s assistance if Beijing turns to violence as the two countries assert their rights on the disrupted waters.
In an August 26 interview with ANC News’ morning program ‘Headstart,’ Department of Foreign Affairs Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr said that the Philippines will still continue with its air patrols over the South China Sea, despite China tagging it as “illegal provocations.”
As Locsin told host Karen Davila:
“They can call it illegal provocations, you can’t change their minds. They already lost the arbitral award.”
He was, however, quick to add that he will immediately call the US government for help “if something happens that is beyond incursion but is in fact an attack on say a Filipino naval vessel.”
When asked about the specifics of his statement, Locsin distanced himself and just said he “will not discuss that because the essence of deterrence theory is uncertainty.”
In his State of the Nation address last July, it can be remembered that President Duterte, who has often considered China as a close friend of the country, said:
“We have to go to war. And I cannot afford it. Maybe some other president can but I cannot… China is claiming it, we are claiming it. China has the arms. We do not have it. So, it’s as simple as that. They are in possession of the property…so what can we do?”
China Has Been Using a Covid-19 Vaccine Since July, Admits Health Official
In a media interview, a top Chinese official confirmed that they have been vaccinating frontline workers in the country since July.
- A top Chinese health official has recently confirmed that the country has been using an experimental coronavirus vaccine since July.
- According to Zheng Zhongwei, the said vaccine has mostly been given to frontline workers including medical professionals and border inspectors.
- The vaccine has undergone Phase 3 human trials in several countries.
Asteroid That Might Hit Earth in 2029 Added in ESA ‘Risk List’
Although they say it is unlikely to cause significant damage.
- The European Space Agency immediately added an asteroid discovered on August 13 in their 'Risk List.'
- Asteroid 2020PG6, which might hit Earth on August 31, 2029, is approximately 14 meters in diameter or 46 feet wide.
- It is unlikely to cause significant damage but could cause a powerful airburst.
- The asteroid will travel past Earth next month at a distance of 1.4 million miles.
Corruption Over PPE Is “Murder,” Says W.H.O. Chief
“If health care workers work without PPE, we are risking their lives, and that also risks the lives of the people they serve. So, it is criminal, and it’s a murder, and it has to stop,” said Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
- World Health Organization Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said corruption over personal protective equipment needed by health care workers is plain "murder."
- The official made the statement following controversial corruption issues in South Africa.
- It's "unacceptable" and "it has to stop," according to Ghebreyesus.
Fascinating Photos of Food Before They Were Harvested
The Scenic Fishing Village of Nazaré, Portugal
Chinese Textbook Changes Bible Story, Claims Jesus Killed A Sinner
Huge Fire Breaks Out In Huawei 5G Research Facility In China
Sci/Tech4 days ago
Man Flies Like Iron Man Using A Jet Powered Flying Suit
Videos7 days ago
“Pull It Out, Prove it” Dude Walks Out After His Girl Reveals She’s Actually A Man
Travel5 days ago
Sigiriya, an Ancient Fortress in Sri Lanka
Videos3 days ago
Huge Iceberg Flips Over On Arctic Explorers Who Tried To Climb It