- 600,000 China-made masks have been recalled by the Dutch government after they discovered that the FFP2 masks did not protect the face properly or had defective filter membranes.
- They tested the material again and found out that they do not meet the quality of FFP2 masks.
- The Netherlands has decided to stop all shipment from China.
The government of Netherland has recently announced that they issued a recall order for about 600,000 China-made FFP2 masks, after it found out that “it did not protect the face properly or had defective filter membranes”. The Dutch government has purchased 1.3 million masks from a Chinese manufacturer on March 21. After the recall, they also put the shipment of the remaining 700,000 masks on hold.
Authorities are currently struggling to contain the dreaded coronavirus and they’ve reported 9,700 confirmed cases of the disease. The defective masks is one of the problems they need to address since they’ve already distributed them to several hospitals in the country.
During the inspection process, experts revealed that these China-made FFP2 masks could not protect the face properly and its filter membranes were all defective. The mask filter is a very important feature as it stops the virus from entering a person’s mouth or nose.
The Dutch health ministry also said that the masks also failed the second phase of inspection.
“A second test also revealed that the masks did not meet the quality norms. Now it has been decided not to use any of this shipment,” the health ministry said in a statement.
China is currently sending millions of masks, test kits, and other medical supplies across the globe. So far, they have helped countries such as the Philippines, Serbia, Liberia, France, and Czech Republic.
Previously, Czech Republic also reported that 80 percent of the 150,000 coronavirus testing kits they received from China brought faulty results.
Netherlands has since vowed that they will inspect all medical supplies shipment before they distribute to hospitals. So far, several hospitals have already rejected the masks prior to the Health Ministry recall order.
When they were delivered to out hospital, I immediately rejected those masks,” a hospital doctor said.
Spanish Princess Becomes The First Royal To Die From COVID-19
Rest in peace, Red Princess…
- Spanish Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma recently died from coronavirus (COVID-19), according to an official announcement by her family.
- She died last March 26, 2020 in Paris. She was 86 years old.
- Princess Maria Teresa was the third royal victim of the dreaded disease, after Prince Charles of Wales also tested positive of the virus.
China Sells ‘Faulty’ COVID-19 Test Kits to Spain and Czech Republic
According to Spain, the testing kits only had an accuracy rate of 30%.
- Spanish health authorities have announced they will return coronavirus test kits they purchased from China after they presented only 30% accuracy rate.
- The Chinese government was quick to deny the accusation and clarified that the 340,000 test kits that Spain purchased were from an unlicensed provider Shenzhen Bioeasy Biotechnology.
- Czech Republic also found that 80% of coronavirus test kits from China presented faulty results.
The World Has A New Pollution Problem: Improperly-Disposed Face Masks!
“That some masks could have been used by infected people adds an especially worrying threat.”
- The world is facing a new environmental problem as some people are irresponsibly-disposing their face masks.
- Environmental groups have warned that this can be dangerous for marine life.
- Meanwhile, experts have also explained that masks worn by COVID-19-infected individuals can pose a health threat to the public.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”