- Nadia, a 4-year-old Malayan tiger in New York’s Bronx Zoo, has contracted the coronavirus.
- According to zoo officials, the animal and with five other tigers and lions exhibited symptoms of the disease.
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to spread across many countries, scientists are doing their best to learn more about the viral infection that has since infected over a million individuals and claimed thousands of lives. To this day, COVID-19 still surprises experts with new discoveries.
Case in point, a 4-year-old female tiger in New York has tested positive of the coronavirus. According to a press release issued by the Wildlife Conservation Society of the Bronx Zoo, Nadia, a Malayan tiger, has been infected with the disease.
The diagnosis came after the animal showed dry cough. Authorities from the United States Department of Agriculture confirmed the infection and said they tested Nadia, along with five other zoo tigers and lions after they exhibited symptoms of the virus.
According to the zoo, the cats did experience some “decrease in appetite” but they have since been placed under the care of veterinaries and are now “bright, alert and interactive.” It is expected that they will recover soon.
At this moment, it remains unknown how the disease will infect the other animals “since different species can react differently to novel infections,” said the zoo officials, assuring the public that they will be closely monitoring the problem, a CNN article reported.
They suspect, however, that Nadia may have contracted the virus from asymptomatic zookeepers since none of them have been tested, so far.
Watch this video report by ABC News:
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), persons infected with COVID-19 should isolate themselves not only from family members but also their household animals. Their official website reminds ill people to “avoid direct contact with pets, including petting, snuggling, being kissed or licked, sleeping in the same location, and sharing food.”
Student Regrets Joining Spring Break Party After 72 Of Them Contracts COVID-19
“Life is precious…Don’t be arrogant and think you’re invincible like myself”.
- After defying the warning and partying during the spring break, several students from University of Tampa, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and other colleges (including Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee) have contracted the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19).
- "Life is precious...Don't be arrogant and think you're invincible like myself," Brady Sluder of Ohio, regretting the time he went partying amidst the outbreak.
- Cases of coronavirus in the United States have increased exponentially among Americans between ages 20 to 40 years old.
430,000 Travellers from China Have Entered the United States Since the Coronavirus Began, Reveals Flight Data
“I was surprised at how lax the whole process was,” said a passenger from Beijing.
- The United States is now officially the country with the highest number of confirmed coronavirus cases.
- Flight data gathered by The New York Times has revealed that about 430,000 passengers from China have entered the United States since news about the virus broke out.
Italy Grows Impatient With Lockdown, Civil Disturbance Seems To Be Brewing
“The more time passes, the more resources are exhausted. The few savings people have are running out. This tells us socio-economic issues will erupt,” said a mayor.
- Videos have emerged showing how Italian nationals are becoming frustrated and aggressive due to the month-long lockdown that resulted to people losing money.
- Hope and patience among Italians are running thin and people are fearing of a possible civil unrest.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”