- Aishah, a 19-year-old Muslim woman in the United States, has filed a complaint against a Starbucks worker for writing “ISIS” on her cup instead of her name.
- She felt “enraged, humiliated, and belittled” because of the incident.
- The manager of the shop, however, saw “no issue” in the incident, saying baristas “get (customers’) names wrong all the time.”
A Muslim woman in the United States has formally filed a complaint after having a terrible Starbucks experience in a Target store in St. Paul, Minnesota. Apparently, a barista from the popular coffee chain wrote “ISIS” on her cup instead of her name.
The 19-year-old, who is only known as Aishah, reportedly ordered a beverage from the said location but was treated poorly by their staff. According to her, she wasn’t even done saying her name when the barista started writing on the cup. So we can all imagine her surprise when she later got her order.
In a media interview, Aishah shared:
“When I first received the drink I was in shock that in this day and age something like this could be written. I felt humiliated, I felt enraged, I felt belittled.”
Naturally, she felt was displeased with what happened she her name associated with the terrorist group. The cafe’s manager, however, said there wasn’t a problem with the barista since “people get their names wrong all the time.”
Eventually, Aishah was given another drink and a $25 gift card but she wants something more – get the barista and manager fired from their jobs. So she has filed a complaint against them.
As she told Sahan Journal, she got emotional over the incident especially now at a time when the public is pushing back against discrimination and injustice.
“All these protests and all these people who are using their voice for a change. To me, it felt like in that moment, we’re doing all of this for people who don’t even care, or who are going to look the other way,” she said.
Meanwhile, a representative from Target have apologized to Aishah and added that they have conducted investigations about the issue.
“We’re taking appropriate actions with the team member, including additional training, to ensure this does not occur again,” the spokesperson said.
Watch this video report by CBS Minnesota:
“Starbucks Karen” Who Shamed a Barista for Asking Her to Wear a Mask Wants Half of the $100,000 Tip He Got From Supporters
“They’re using my name, they’re using my face, and they’re slandering me.”
- Lenen Gutierrez refused to serve Amber Lynn Gilles because she was not wearing a mask.
- His supporters started a GoFundMe campaign, which accummulated $100,000 as "tip" for him.
- Gilles said she deserved to get at least half of the cash because her name and face was being used.
Huge 450-Pound Fish Pulls 2 Anglers Off Their Boat
Now that’s an unforgettable catch!
- A group of friends went fishing on Cape Coral, Florida and it turned out to be an unforgettable experience.
- They spotted a massive Goliath Grouper and the fish pulled two anglers off their boat.
- They successfully caught the big fish later on and their video ended up going viral on social media.
Chinese Farm Couple’s Viral ‘Rural-Style Shuffle Dance’ Helps Hubby Fight Depression
Ever seen this mesmerizing dance on TikTok? It’s actually a ‘cure’ against depression.
- A farming couple from China's Zhejiang Province has captured netizens hearts because of their amazing dance steps and touching story.
- Fan Deduo and Peng Xiaoying's 'rural-style shuffle dance' has gotten famous on TikTok.
- According to the couple, dancing helps Fan battle the effects of depression.
Like Us On Facebook
Beer Company Inadvertently Names their Beverage after Pubic Hair
Golden Retriever Being Abandoned By Its Owner Was Captured on Video
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
People Are Advised To Have Sεx With Masks On And Only ‘Do Positions Facing Away From Each Other’