- Mukbang refers to those videos in which a host eats unbelievable amounts of food while interacting with the viewers at the same time.
- Bok Hee’s viewers claimed to see her holding up her finger as a secret signal to stop the camera so she can spit out the food in her mouth.
- Mukbang videos have been heavily criticized for promoting overeating and encouraging poor eating habits.
Mukbang refers to those videos in which a host eats unbelievable amounts of food while interacting with the viewers at the same time. The word is a combination of two South Korean words, “meokneun” (eating) and “bangsong” (broadcast).
Mukbang started in South Korea around 2010 and has since become one of the most popular streamings on YouTube.
Japanese Mukbang star and YouTube eater Yuka Kinoshita is known for reputedly eating between 5,000 to 23,000 calories per meal.
A South Korean Mukbang star Shoogi became famous in YouTube for her perky personality. Diva, another Korean YouTuber, gave up her day job to become a Mukbang star.
Given the insane amount of food consumed by Mukbang hosts while on camera, it’s a given to wonder how on Earth these people can take in so much. Several Mukbang stars say that they exercise like crazy to balance all the eating and keep the pounds off.
South Korean Mukbang star Banzz said he exercises up 12 hours a day to burn all the fat off.
None of them, however, ever said that they spit out the food or puke them out – because that wouldn’t sound good. No one likes to hear about food being wasted.
This is why Moon Bok Hee, one of the famous Mukbang stars, is now in hot water after she has been accused of spitting out her food after chewing them, using the wonders of editing to leave out those parts.
Some of the viewers of her channel, Eat With Boki, noticed something on her videos – they claimed to see her holding up her finger as a secret signal to stop the camera so she can spit out the food in her mouth.
A slowed down clip supposedly shows her keeping the food in her mouth until she finds a moment to spit it out.
Her viewers pointed out that Bok Hee normally eats with her mouth shut. She became popular initially because she eats normally in her early videos, consuming food in a cleaner and prettier way compared to the other Mukbang stars.
After a while, her viewers noticed that she was starting to eat more food, perhaps as a way to gain more audience.
Some of the viewers defended Bok Hee, saying that there is no law stating that Mukbang YouTubers are not allowed to edit their videos. But critics pointed out that she may be setting unrealistic expectations for people who watch her videos, giving the impression that she can eat all that food without gaining weight.
Mukbang became very popular not only because of the novelty of seeing someone eat so much food while the cameras are rolling, but also because the videos became a dining companion for people who live and eat alone.
But they are also heavily criticized for promoting overeating and encouraging poor eating habits. No one can eat plates and plates of food without increasing health risks.
UK Holds First “Socially Distanced Concert,” Showing Us What The New Normal Looks Like
Around 2,500 fans gathered at the venue. And yes, they observed physical distancing measures!
Disney Just Killed the Iconic 71-Year-Old 20th Century Fox Brand
The iconic 20th Century Fox Television just got killed, ending an era in the entertainment industry.
- Disney just officially killed the iconic 20th Century Fox brand.
- This followed after the studio arm dropped the name Fox from its branding.
- While it is unclear why Disney decided to drop "Century" and "Fox" during the name change, the TV arm will now be known as 20th Television.
- Not much has changed, except the words "Century" and "Fox" will be cut out from the logo and title card of new shows starting this fall.
Jason Momoa Restores His Wife’s First Car, A 1965 Mustang, As A Birthday Gift
Lisa Bonet is one very lucky woman!
- The car was a 1965 Ford Mustang which Lisa bought when she was 17.
- The Mustang was sitting in the garage rusting away for 14 years.
- Jason took it to a customs shop in Las Vegas and surprised his wife with the restored car on her birthday.
Man Flies Like Iron Man Using A Jet Powered Flying Suit
Sigiriya, an Ancient Fortress in Sri Lanka
Man Sets Guinness Record With World’s Tallest Mohawk
10 Wound Care Remedies: Facts or Myths
“Pull It Out, Prove it” Dude Walks Out After His Girl Reveals She’s Actually A Man
Nightclub-Goers Party In Wuhan As City Continues To Report ZERO Covid-19 Cases
Mom Puts Up Christmas Decors Early This Year To Cheer Up Her Kids – And The Whole Neighborhood
10 Wound Care Remedies: Facts or Myths
People7 days ago
9-Year-Old Boy Works As A Mascot To Earn For His Family
History5 days ago
‘The Silent Killer’: The Untold Story of Nieves Fernandez, The Teacher Who Killed 200 Japanese Soldiers
OMG7 days ago
‘Liquid Gold’ Rush Causes Poaching of World’s Most Expensive Tree in the Philippines
Interesting6 days ago
An Army Of 10,000 Ducks Unleashed In Thai Rice Field To Devour Pests