- Matt Colvin has been banned by both Amazon and eBay for price gouging.
- Now the 36-year-old online seller is stuck with 17,700 hand sanitizers with nowhere to sell them.
As the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) continues to spread across the world, we’re seeing a lot of consumers doing some last-minute panic buying to stock up on foods and goods for their families. Meanwhile, there are also some unscrupulous individuals out there who are clearly taking advantage of the situation: the hoarders.
Case in point, one man recently made headlines after ending up with 17,700 hand sanitizers but having no place to sell the items. The reason? He got banned by Amazon and eBay for overpricing.
Meet Matt Colvin, 36, who He made big bucks for selling ‘pandemic packs’ online.
A former Air Force sergeant and now an online seller, Matt Colvin previously made around $90,000 from selling ‘pandemic packs’ which he purchased for $3.50 each – which is cheaper compared to the original cost of $5.
Matt later offered the items on eBay for $50 and the items immediately sold out after a few days.
Motivated by his earnings, he and Noah, his brother, drove around their neighborhood in Tennessee and traveled as far as Kentucky to buy loads of hand sanitizers.
After posting the products on eBay and Amazon, the two quickly sold 300 bottles on day 1 for up to $70 each. Happy about his business strategy, he definitely didn’t expect what happened next – both sites ended up permanently banning him.
Now he’s stuck with 17,700 hand sanitizers – while stocks are low in groceries everywhere.
“It’s been a huge amount of whiplash. From being in a situation where what I’ve got coming and going could potentially put my family in a really good place financially to ‘What the heck am I going to do with all of this?’”
While Matt believes he did nothing wrong and was just trying to make a living, countless netizens have also bashed him for profiteering from the pandemic which is “purely evil,” some have commented.
They’ve Been A Couple Since 2016 But Some People Still Won’t Believe It
Strangers often assume she’s his nurse. She’s actually his girlfriend!
- Shane Burcaw's girlfriend Hannah Aylward has often been mistaken as his nurse.
- In reality, they've been together as a couple since 2016 and have been engaged in 2019.
- The pair regularly uploads vlogs on YouTube in the hopes of "normalizing" interabled couples.
Teen Girl Shares Sad Story of Living In The Wuhan Outbreak
This is “the worst kind of heartbreak,” she wrote.
- A teenager girl in Wuhan, China has documented what life is like living in the quarantined city.
- Netizens have since been touched by the girl's heartbreaking story.
- Over a short period of time, she has lost her mom and dad to coronavirus.
- Eventually, she also ended up getting infected by the dreaded disease.
Is Quaden Bayles Really 18 Years Old and His Bullying Story a Scam?
Some are claiming he’s 18. We did some digging and here’s what we found!
- Shortly after netizens and famous celebrities poured over their love and money for Quaden Bayles, some are expressing outrage for "falling into a trap," saying the viral video is allegedly staged.
- Several Twitter users did some "amateur investigation" and is now accusing Bayles' as a scammer, claiming he and his family are financially well-off and that the 9-year old Australian boy with dwarfism is actually an adult.
- Photos of an "adult" and a baller Bayles has been circulating over social media.
Like Us On Facebook
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding