- Chinese doctors in Centre for Reproductive Medicine claimed that male patients of coronavirus may suffer infertility after they recover from the disease.
- The claim was likened to the cause of male SARS-COV patients who recovered, explaining that COVID-19 may also damage the testicles.
- The Chinese doctors has reminded about the importance of immediately undergoing a fertility test after male patients have recovered.
Professor Li Yufeng and his team at the Centre for Reproductive Medicine recently claimed that male patients who have tested positive of the fatal coronavirus(COVID-19) can also suffer from testicle inflammatory, even after they have recovered from the said illness.
Although there is no study yet to prove the claim, Li said COVID-19 can be likened to SARS Coronavirus or SARS-COV when patients who survived the said virus also suffered problems in their sexual organs. Additionally, medics in Wuhan also suggested that coronavirus can affect the production of a man’s sperm cells and even the formation of male hormones.
“Therefore, for men who have had the infection, especially those who need to reproduce, it is best to undergo relevant fertility tests, such as sperm quality and hormone level tests, upon recovery to detect possible problems as soon as possible,” a hospital report stated as posted by the Daily Mail.
The scientific explanation of this, expert said, is when COVID-19 (or SARS-COV) enters the human cells, it binds two kinds of proteins, spike and cell membrane, together which forms “angiotensin-converting enzyme 2” or ACE2. The virus could further damage the body’s tissue and the ACE2.
The doctors in Wuhan also cited a situation during the SARS outbreak in 2002 when they found “serious immune system damage” in the male patients’ testicles.
Although some of the doctors currently say they have yet to detect inflammation on COVID-19 positive male patients, they do not want to rule out the possibilities of infertility.
“Since the new coronavirus is highly similar to the SARS coronavirus and the two share the same host cell receptor ACE2, the new coronavirus could cause damage to men’s testicles,” experts from the of Wuhan Tongji Hospital explained.
Tongji Hospital is one of the medical institutions that has been tasked by Chinese President Xi Jinping to treat COVID-19 patients in Wuhan since the start of the outbreak.
The virus has since spread to numerous countries across the globe, prompting the World Health Organization (WHO) to declare the disease as a pandemic.
Thousands of People Attended Miami Gay Festival, Someone Eventually Tested Positive of COVID-19
There was no “social distancing” during the event.
- The 2020 Winter Party Festival drew an estimated number of 10,000 participants.
- The annual event ran from March 4 to 10.
- Unfortunately, organizers were eventually informed that one of the attendees has tested positive of coronavirus.
UK Goes Ahead with Huge Concerts Despite the Pandemic, Shocks Chinese Netizens
“Don’t ask for China’s help when things start to get bad. You got yourself into this mess,” someone commented.
- Welsh band Stereophonics went ahead with their three concerts, drawing thousands of people.
- The band defended their decision, saying that "at this phase there was no need for a ban on large public gatherings."
Nail Biters Can Be At Risk Of Coronavirus, Expert Warns
“Every time you touch your face — especially your mouth, nose, and eyes — you’re transferring all of those germs. And you can get sick.”
- A severe warning from an allergy and infectious disease expert says that having a bad habit of nail biting can put people at risk of contracting viruses - including coronavirus (COVID-19).
- According to Purvi Parikh, the spaces under our nails can collect "all kinds of bacteria, debris, dirt, and viruses"
Like Us On Facebook
Filipino Guy Creates Prosthetic Face Mask That Looks Creepy And Cool
Crazy Norway Landslide Sweeps Away 8 Houses Into The Sea
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
- Interesting6 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG6 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring6 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- Sci/Tech6 days ago
Hawaii’s Pūhāhonu: Earth’s Largest Volcano Discovered Underneath Two Rocky Peaks