Hands down, this video is one of the most stomach-churning ones out there on the web today. Some may find this satisfying, like those videos showing doctors popping pimples or squeezing out blackheads, but we say brace yourselves nonetheless.
An unbelievably terrifying video has been making the rounds on Facebook and other social media sites showing a poor pooch with patches on his skin, being eaten alive by pesky maggots. We certainly feel bad for the cute canine, and we’re so glad he’s gotten help from a veterinarian.
The beginning of the video shows the dog and the red patches on his skin.
The vet starts to slowly squeeze the animal’s flesh. And, as if from a crazy horror movie, dozens of maggots appear. The process is repeated by the vet several times in different areas of the dog’s body, and the metallic container nearby is then filled with maggots wriggling about. The vet also talks in the video and tries to educate the owner about the dog’s condition.
This infestation is called myiasis, which happens when the larvae of flies infects a live being and then grows inside.
Most commonly, maggots penetrate the skin and develop in the tissue underneath. The can feed on the flesh of creatures for 3 to 5 days. Humans can also be infected, by the way.
The video has definitely garnered a lot of reactions from online users. Some feel sad for the dog, while others are critical of the owner. One user commented:
“Poor dog. Having one patch with so many is painful. I hope the new owner gets the idea that he must now take control and not allow the maggots to grow.”
And another one said:
“I hate when the owners lie. Like tell the truth. You didn’t just see the maggots. They’ve been there for awhile because they’re fully grown you just did nothing about it. Ugh frustrating as hell. Idk how Micha does it.”
Watch the horrifying video here:
Is it just us or are you also feeling a bit itchy?
10 Common Things That Are Unexpectedly Toxic For Your Pet
From simple household items, to decorative plants and insects, here’s a list of 10 common things that are unexpectedly toxic for your pet.
If you’re a pet owner, you might already be familiar on how much they love chewing random objects lying around the house. You close your eyes for one second and the next thing you know, your favorite shirt is already inside your dog’s mouth. They can’t help it because that’s just the way they are.
This is the reason why you have to regularly clean your house thoroughly when you have a pet with you indoors. It is extremely beneficial not only for you, but also for them. Most people don’t know that there are various things that can be found inside their house that are actually toxic for their pets.
From simple household items, to decorative plants and insects, here’s a list of 10 common things that are unexpectedly toxic for your pet....
Prehistoric Hell Ant Has A Metal Horn And It Sucks The Blood Of Its Enemies
So these ancient ants were like vampires?
Scientists have discovered a prehistoric hell ant that mimics a vampire because it has a metal horn that sucks blood from its enemies. The metal-infused horn can puncture and suck the blood from other insects.
A team of researchers from the New Jersey Institute of Technology have revealed a new creature they found, which dates back to about 99 million years.
The specimen was found in an amber mined in Myanmar.
12 Monkeys Simultaneously Die From Heart Attack After Being Scared By Roaring Tigers
Tigers are often seen in the area where the monkeys had died.
A dozen monkeys have been scared to death after reportedly being shocked by roaring tigers. The poor animals suffered from a heart attack all at the same time.
The villagers in Kotwali Mohammadi area in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India initially found the dead monkeys in the forest.