- Jeeva and Suji Sanjeevan of Melbourne, Australia were former doctors who decided to heed the call of entrepreneurship.
- In 2015, the couple embraced candle making and launched their own business, which they called Light & Glo.
- The bold move has been totally worth it as now the couple is earning double their annual salary as medical professionals.
Jeeva and Suji Sanjeevan used to work as doctors and reaearchers. Together, the married couple from Melbourne, Australia made a combined yearly salary of $300,000.
After working in the healthcare industry for almost a decade, they eventually came up with the idea of leaving their jobs so they can start a small business – and it’s been a very rewarding experience for them.
From doctors to candle makers!
It was a major decision but the Sanjeevans never looked back. They established Light & Glo Designs Co. in 2015 after buying a candle kit worth $250. They’ve since built a reputation for their fragrant “boutique-style candles.”
Now they’re enjoying quality time with their growing family.
According to Suji, they’ve always been attracted to the flexibility that entrepreneurship offers, as opposed to the rigid routine of being healthcare professionals, especially because they are raising three sons together. They’ve always wanted to “forge (their) own destiny and spend more time with (the children).”
Running Light & Glo has made that possible and they’ve achieved even more.
Aside from increasing their annual income to a whooping $600,000, they’ve also received multiple recognitions in the industry, such as Optus’ Manufacturing Business of the Year and Wyndham’s Handmade Business Award, among others.
Besides, their candle making enterprise not only uses “ethically sourced wooden wicks” for their candles but they also work with American Express’ Shop Small project which encourages businesses to leave limited carbon footprint and to make donations to charities.
Despite the challenges they face daily as entrepreneurs, the Sanjeevans are determined to keep going.
“You need to consistently push yourself out of your comfort zone,” shared Suji. “The creative industries are constantly evolving, so there is the need to constantly keep up and innovate.”
Offices Put Up Greta Thunberg’s Picture To Discourage Workers From Using Plastic
Is this genius or ridiculous?
- Some offices in Israel have come up with a solution to minimize plastic use among their workers.
- They began posting photos of teen activist Greta Thunberg near their plastic cups and utensils to discourage users.
Journalist Shames Romantic Man For Proposing in KFC
They were mocked but we’re happy for this couple!
- A couple went viral after the guy, Hector Mkansi, proposed to his girlfriend Nonhlanhla Soldaat at a KFC outlet.
- The proposal has been bashed by a journalist but the couple ended up getting a lot of love and support.
Vegetarian Woman Eats A Burger, Later Decides To Become A Butcher
Eating one burger changed her life!
- Tammi Jonas, 49, was a vegetarian for 10 long years.
- Her life changed after he decided to have a burger during a difficult day.
- Now she's running a farming business with her husband in Victoria, Australia.
Like Us On Facebook
Sicily Island In Italy Offers Paying Half And A Third Of Your Flight And Hotel Cost
While Battling For COVID-19 And Measles, New Ebola Outbreak Detected in Congo
Looters With Stolen iPhones Are Being Tracked, Apple Warns
Coronavirus May Be A Blood Vessel Disease, Study Suggests
Elon Musk’s SpaceX Rocket Launch Is Bad News for Flat Earthers
Sheriff Takes Off Riot Gear as Protesters Cheer “Walk With Us”, So He Did
Most Riots, Fires, And Looting Are NOT Caused by George Floyd Protesters, Says Authorities
Clever Bookshelf Can Be Reassembled Into A Coffin After The Owner’s Death
- OMG4 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Interesting4 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- News6 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”
- OMG6 days ago
Scary Video Shows Alligator Climbing A Fence