- Chinese billionaire Jack Ma has pledged to donate a massive amount of face masks, testing kits, personal protective equipments, and ventilators.
- The generous tech mogul has confirmed that his foundation will send much-needed medical supplies and equipment to several countries in Asia and Latin America.
- In the Philippines, he also collaborated with boxing legend Manny Pacquiao to donate COVID-19 test kits.
Jack Ma, co-founder of e-commerce giant Alibaba and one of China’s richest people has made a massive donation to help the fight against coronavirus. In a Twitter post, Ma announced that his foundation will be donating 2 million face masks, 400,000 COVID-19 testing kits, and 104 ventilators for 24 countries in Latin America. “We will ship long-distance, and we will hurry,” he assured.
Earlier, the Alibaba Foundation has also said they will be donating 1.8 million masks, 210,00 test kits, 36,000 PPEs for some of the poorest countries in Asia.
This comes after the previous announcement that 2 million masks, 150,000 test kits, 20,000 PPEs and face shields were being sent to Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, and Thailand, according to a South China Morning Post report.
In the Philippines, the Chinese billionaire has also made headlines after confirming he is joining forces with boxing legend and senator Manny ‘Pacman’ Pacquiao to donate 50,000 testing kits.
The foundation has also promised to send 100,000 face masks, 20,000 test kits, and 1,000 PPEs for 54 countries in Africa.
All the donations are, of course, much-needed as many countries are currently facing a sudden medical supply shortage while battling coronavirus.
Watch this video report:
Coronavirus, which has already been declared by the World Health Organization as a pandemic, has spread to many countries across the globe. As of this writing, the dreaded disease has infected 338,724 and has claimed the lives of 14,687. There is no known cure yet, so far, although clinical trials are currently ongoing in Seattle for a potential vaccine.
Coronavirus: Thousands of Indonesians Attend Public Prayers Despite Appeal to Cancel
“If we get infected at a mosque and die, we die nobly,” a worshipper said.
- Several mosques in Jakarta, Indonesia defied the appeal of local officials to suspend public prayers for two weeks, amidst efforts to curb the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Reporters from The Strait Times visited some mosques in Jakarta and said that muslims attended the prayers and it was "full house."
- Some worshippers explained their decision to attend the massive gathering, believing that "Life and death is in God's hands".
Italian COVID-19 Patients Over 80 Years Old Will Be “Left to Die,” According to New Proposal
“Who lives and who dies is decided by age and by the patient’s health conditions. This is how it is in a war.”
- The crisis management team in Turin made a proposal on how the Italian government should address the pandemic, once the virus gets out of control .
- The team proposed that healthcare sectors should determine who should receive treatment in intensive care and who will be denied.
- The protocol was made in case Italy's intensive care capacity "runs short" as coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to infect thousands of people in Italy.
Americans Are Hoarding Guns Amid Spread of Coronavirus Pandemic
While some are stocking up on toilet paper, others are lining up for guns.
- Buyers in the United States are lining up at gun stores to get their own firearms and ammunition.
- According to some, they want to prepare for the unexpected, amid the spread of coronavirus in the country.
- Authorities, however, disagree that hoarding guns would help solve the health problem.
Like Us On Facebook
Pregnant Elephant Dies After Eating Pineapple Stuffed With Firecrackers
Cleveland Volcano Eruption Detected, Aviation Color Code Raised to Orange
Italy’s Sicily Island Is Offering To Pay Half And A Third Of Your Flight And Hotel Expenses
While Battling COVID-19 And Measles, Congo Now Detects New Ebola Outbreak
Sheriff Takes Off Riot Gear as Protesters Cheer “Walk With Us”, So He Did
Most Riots, Fires, And Looting Are NOT Caused by George Floyd Protesters, Says Authorities
Gun Store Owner Shoots and Kills Looters To Defend His Shop
Clever Bookshelf Can Be Reassembled Into A Coffin After The Owner’s Death
- Interesting4 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG4 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- News6 days ago
Canadian Teacher Tells Student To “Go Back To The Philippines And Work On Rice Farms”
- OMG6 days ago
Scary Video Shows Alligator Climbing A Fence