- Israel’s NanoScent has come up with a unique technology that yields coronavirus test results in 30 seconds.
- Once approved, the breathalyser kit will be be sold at $10 or less, according to the company.
A company from Israel is currently developing a technology that will surely ramp up the coronavirus testing capabilities of different countries. Once proven effective, this tool can play a big role in detecting the infected so they can be isolated and cured with no delay.
NanoScent’s breathalyser test promises to yield results in merely 30 seconds and so it could be a huge game changer in the fight against the dreaded disease. In fact, the company is currently being described by the firm as a “front line” tool.
Initial trials of the test kit yielded an 85% accuracy, according to the company. Now they’re expecting to get regulatory approval in the next few months.
In an interview with AFP, chief executive officer Oren Gavriely said the breathalyser test does not aim to replace actual laboratory tests but is intended as a mass screening tool to help the public gain “the confidence to go back and act as normal”.
During a stay in the United States, Gavriely realized that his company’s resources may be helpful in battling the virus that started in Asia and s now rapidly increasing in the West.
The company then developed a system that utilizes “odors and the pattern of odors,” according to Gavriely.
It begins with people being asked a series of questions about their potential exposure and symptoms. Next, the person will inhale through the nose, hold his or her breath for a few moments, cover a nostril and then exhale through the other one through a small tube into the “Air trap” bag.
Later on, the tube will be plugged to the “Scent Reader” and the result will appear in just a matter of seconds.
“We pick up on a pattern, we record that pattern and then we can detect if someone has, or is suspected to have, COVID-19,” Gavriely explained.
Another amazing thing about the revolutionary invention is that it will be priced affordably as it will probably have a price tag of $10 per test or less.
Show Your Smile With The World’s First FDA-Approved Transparent N99+ Mask
The clear mask has N99-standard air filtering abilities as well as a self-purifying feature, thanks to a built-in UV-C light.
- It has filtering abilities just like an N99, as well as a self-purifying feature.
- The transparency allows you to display your face while still having the maximum protection that a mask can give.
- You get 99% pure air whenever you draw air, because of the filters.
“Hey Siri, I’m Getting Pulled Over”, iPhone Shortcut Auto Records Police Interactions
“I just wanted a way for anyone to have proof of their version of events in the unlikely scenario that something unexpected happens during a police interaction,” creator Robert Petersen said.
- Redditor Robert Petersen created the "Police" shortcut in 2018.
- However, the shortcut only gained popularity recently due to the rising cases of police brutality.
- By saying, "Hey Siri, I'm getting pulled over", Siri would automatically record your conversation with the police.
Scientists Say They Have Found The Cleanest Air on Earth
They described the air as “truly pristine.”
- It's an atmospheric region that has remain unchanged by human activity.
- They measured the composition of bioaerosols, which is the the natural or artificial particles that suspend in the air.
- They described the air as "truly pristine."
Like Us On Facebook
Beer Company Inadvertently Names their Beverage after Pubic Hair
Golden Retriever Being Abandoned By Its Owner Was Captured on Video
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
Sex Health Charity Advises People to Wear Masks During Sex and Only ‘Do Positions Facing Away From Each Other’