- Some Iranians thought that high alcohol content can sanitize their body internally.
- One of the patients included a five-year-old boy who had to be intubated.
- Bootleggers add bleach to methanol and then sell it as a drinkable product.
These are truly desperate times for a lot of people, so it’s not a surprise if some turn to just about any type of remedy to heal or ward off the dreaded coronavirus. People in Iran, however, paid a high price for this after drinking methanol, which they thought would cure them from the disease.
Media reports in Iran said that nearly 300 people died and over 1,000 got sick after ingesting methanol, thinking it would sanitize them. This came along with the spread of fake remedies across social media in the country, as people got deeply suspicious of the government, who they claim has been downplaying the crisis for days.
Hundreds died and more than a thousand fell ill after drinking methanol.
“When they keep drinking this, there’s going to be more people poisoned,” says Dr. Knut Erik Hovda, a clinical toxicologist in Oslo who researches about methanol poisoning.
Some people believed that the high-proof alcohol can kill the virus in their bodies. Social media information also spread stories about a British school teacher and other people curing themselves of the virus by drinking whiskey and honey.
There are 144 dead in Tehran because of the virus as of March 27. The death toll stands to at least 2,378.
Confirmed cases are at around 2,926. A total of approxmately 32,300 are infected.
One of the victims was a five-year-old boy, who had to be intubated after ingesting industrial alcohol. In Iran’s southwestern Khuzestan province and its southern city of Shiraz, dozens got sick drinking bootleg alcohol (drinking alcohol is banned in Iran) containing methanol.
The Iranian government mandates that manufacturers should add artificial color to toxic methanol to make it easy to distinguish from ethanol, which is used to clean wounds.
The latter is also found in alcoholic beverages, although production is banned in Iran.
The bootleggers in the country add a splash of bleach to methanol to mask the added color, so that they can sell it as a drinkable product.
Methanol damages the body through organ and brain damage. Chest pain, hyperventilation, nausea, and blindness are the common symptoms. It can also bring a patient to a coma.
Spanish Princess Becomes The First Royal To Die From COVID-19
Rest in peace, Red Princess…
- Spanish Princess Maria Teresa of Bourbon-Parma recently died from coronavirus (COVID-19), according to an official announcement by her family.
- She died last March 26, 2020 in Paris. She was 86 years old.
- Princess Maria Teresa was the third royal victim of the dreaded disease, after Prince Charles of Wales also tested positive of the virus.
China Sells ‘Faulty’ COVID-19 Test Kits to Spain and Czech Republic
According to Spain, the testing kits only had an accuracy rate of 30%.
- Spanish health authorities have announced they will return coronavirus test kits they purchased from China after they presented only 30% accuracy rate.
- The Chinese government was quick to deny the accusation and clarified that the 340,000 test kits that Spain purchased were from an unlicensed provider Shenzhen Bioeasy Biotechnology.
- Czech Republic also found that 80% of coronavirus test kits from China presented faulty results.
The World Has A New Pollution Problem: Improperly-Disposed Face Masks!
“That some masks could have been used by infected people adds an especially worrying threat.”
- The world is facing a new environmental problem as some people are irresponsibly-disposing their face masks.
- Environmental groups have warned that this can be dangerous for marine life.
- Meanwhile, experts have also explained that masks worn by COVID-19-infected individuals can pose a health threat to the public.
Like Us On Facebook
Crazy Norway Landslide Sweeps Away 8 Houses Into The Sea
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
- Interesting6 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG6 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring6 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- Sci/Tech6 days ago
Hawaii’s Pūhāhonu: Earth’s Largest Volcano Discovered Underneath Two Rocky Peaks