- Germany is seeing an increase of coronavirus cases after lifting the implemented lockdown.
- The country has often been praised for its quick and effective response when the virus first started spreading there.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel believes that the country still has “a long way” to go as they try to handle the COVID-19 crisis.
After weeks of easing lockdown measures, Germany is now unfortunately seeing an increase of coronavirus cases. This is despite the fact that the country has been well-praised for its response to the pandemic.
Now a report by the Robert Koch Institute is telling us that reproduction rate – or the number of people who may possibly get infected by a patient who has the virus – is currently above 1.
It looks like Germany’s battle against the coronavirus pandemic is still far from over.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel has decided to lift the restrictions, allowing most businesses to operate with students slowly returning to their schools. For the most part, the country’s success was due to their strict lockdown measures and aggressive mass testing.
“We always have to be aware that we are still at the beginning of the pandemic,” the chancellor has since said. “And there’s still a long way in dealing with this virus in front of us.”
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), all countries should still be “at the highest level of alert” and so plans to relax restrictions need to be “phased and gradual.”
“Through national unity and global solidarity, we can save both lives and livelihoods and ensure that other health services both function and improve,” said Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, director general of WHO.
Here’s a report by ABC News Australia:
As of May 15, Germany now has 175,123 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 151,700 recoveries and a death toll of 7,933.
Coronavirus May ‘Never Go Away,’ Says WHO Official
“HIV hasn’t gone away,” he said.
- Dr Michael Ryan of the World Health Organization recently declared that coronavirus "may never go away."
- During a press briefing, the WHO official said that COVID-19 may "become another endemic virus" so we might have to learn to live with it, just like other viruses.
Airlines Could Increase Fare by 50% Because of COVID-19
“Cheap travel is over,” said an aviation industry official.
- Airline carriers may be forced to increase tickets by up to 50% because of coronavirus.
- Companies are now trying to cope up with the massive profit loss while also observing safety measures to prevent possible spread of the infection.
Parents Of 5-Year-Old Boy Who Drove SUV To “Buy” Lamborghini Will Not Be Charged
“There was no evidence of any kind of neglect or inappropriate action on the part of the parents here. “
- The prosecutor decided that the parents of a 5-year-old boy who drove an SUV on a freeway to "buy" a Lamborghini.
- According to authorities, there is no proof of any type of neglect or inappropriate action on the part of the child's parents.
Like Us On Facebook
Lebanese Offer Free Shelters in the Wake of Beirut Blast
Sweet Boyfriend Sits Outside Girlfriend’s Room Everyday After She Tests Positive of COVID-19
Thai Ladyboys Turn Heads in Recent Military Draft
Bridezilla Asks Guests and Family to Submit 250-Word Essays to Be on Guestlist
Tasaday Stone Age Tribe: A Philippines Savage Hoax That Fooled The World
Online Shoppers Got Duped Into Buying Miniature Versions of Full-Size Products
Video Captures The Exact Moment The Beirut Explosion Happened During A Wedding Photoshoot
Artist Creates Alien-Inspired Facehugger Face Mask
- News4 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News6 days ago
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
- News4 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Art3 days ago
‘John Wick 5’ Confirmed, Will Be Filmed Back-to-Back With 4th Movie