- USA’s George Hood has set a new world record for planking.
- An ex-Marine, the 62-year-old man grabbed the title back from China’s Mao Weidong.
- Hood’s official Guinness record is at 8 hours, 15 minutes, and 15 seconds.
A 62-year-old man has just proven he’s way stronger than those younger than him after he set a new Guinness World Record for The Longest Male Abdominal Plank. A retired US marine, George Hood manage to snatch the title back from Mao Weidong of China who previously planked for 8 hours and 1 minute in 2016.
Hood held the same title in 2013 when he planked for 3 hours, 7 minutes, and 15 seconds. Now he has reclaimed his glory, setting a higher standard for aspiring plankers dreaming of making it to Guinness.
Officially amazing! George Hood, 62, did a plank for 8 hours, 15 minutes, and 15 seconds.
The successful world record attempt took place in Naperville, Illinois, USA, last February 15, 2020.
The preparation stage was no joke, according to Hood.
In a BBC report, we learn that Hood, who began planking in 2011, spent about 2,100 hours to prepare for the event. And it definitely wasn’t easy, he said, as it took hard work and discipline.
“I have to totally disassociate myself from the reality of the clock. It’s an art and a skillset that I have mastered over the years,” Hood pointed out.
It took him both mental and physical preparation to achieve his goal, he added. And fortunately, he had some good old rock and roll music blasting in the background to keep him motivated.
You can watch the video here:
Naturally, netizens couldn’t help but react on the impressive feat.
For example, one commenter praised the former marine, saying:
“Well done! He showed that age is just a number.”
Meanwhile, another joked:
“Damn its 8 HOURS…I thought the world record was only 10 minutes!”
A Lonely Lighthouse Perfect for Surviving Any Apocalypse
One wrong step and you can plunge to your death below.
- It sits atop a narrow rock 120 feet tall and located 4.5 miles from the mainland.
- There were no helicopters yet during the time it was built.
- It was the inspiration for the best-selling thriller novel "Why Did You Lie?"
More Than 200 Couples Got Married While Wearing Surgical Masks In The Philippines
In sickness and in health indeed.
- Wearing the masks was required by the government, amidst the threat of novel coronavirus (covid-19).
- The couples kissed while still wearing their masks.
- Mass weddings are held yearly in the city of Bacolod, which has become a post-valentine tradition.
Teacher Stumbles Upon an Adorable Sight of Three Baby Bears “Dancing” in the Forest
It’s like a scene straight out of a fairy tale.
- Valtteri Mulkahainen chanced upon a family of bears, with the young ones playing and "dancing" around.
- He was located 50 meters away and in the perfect position to take the photos.
- It's quite rare to see this sight since bears avoid humans as much as possible.
Like Us On Facebook
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
U.S. Now Leads the Number of Coronavirus Cases in the World
Service Dog in Training Serves as Stress Reliever for ER Doctors