- The coronavirus pandemic has changed life as we know it.
- Governments have implemented lockdowns to prevent the spread of the disease.
- As a result, the earth is vibrating less, according to seismology experts.
With countries implementing strict lockdown measures to curb the spread of coronavirus, the world has become noticeably less busy. Most flights and travels have been suspended. Schools and non-essential businesses have also been closed. People are encouraged to stay home and practice social distancing whenever they head outdoors.
In India, this has resulted to better air quality in some of its most polluted cities. And according to some scientists, the earth is shaking lesser than usual, too.
Seismologists are reporting lesser vehicle-generated vibrations following the pandemic and because of that, the planet’s upper crust is moving less.
Case in point, geologist and seismologist Thomas Lecocq has shared that Brussels, the capital of Belgium, is experiencing 30% to 50% fewer ambient seismic noise since the middle of March, similar to what happens whenever Christmas Day comes around.
According to Lecocq, this new trend allows them to detect and record smaller tremors much easier – which would not have been possible otherwise.
Meanwhile, another seismologist Paula Koelemeijer shared a graph online showing how noise has likewise significantly dropped in West London following the government-implemented lockdown.
The same can be said in some areas in the United States as explained by Andy Frassetto, a seismologist for Washington DC’s Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology.
“You’ll get a signal with less noise on top, allowing you to squeeze a little more information out of those events,” he said.
Lecocq, on the other hand, pointed out that the trend is truly encouraging not only for their line of work, but that more people are doing their best to fight the disease.
“From the seismological point of view, we can motivate people to say, ‘OK look, people. You feel like you’re alone at home, but we can tell you that everyone is home. Everyone is doing the same. Everyone is respecting the rules,” he said.
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
“I actively tell people, ‘Don’t install that spyware on your phone,’” said Reddit CEO Steve Huffman.
- Owned by Beijing-based company ByteDance, tech experts are claiming TikTok actually poses a security threat for users.
- Reddit CEO and co-founder Steve Huffman even called the app as a "spyware."
- Meanwhile, US Senator Josh Hawley has proposed that all federal employees in the country should not use the app because it steals and sends user data to China.
Google Cancels April Fools Joke This Year Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
“This year, we’re going to take the year off from that tradition out of respect for all those fighting the Covid-19 pandemic.”
- Google has announced that they will be skipping their April Fools tradition this year due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- As the world struggles to deal with the pandemic, the tech company said now might not be a good time for a gag.
- Their greatest desire, as of the moment, is to be "helpful" to people during these difficult times.
Genius Dad Designs Safety Pod to Protect Baby from Coronavirus
This device looks both secure and futuristic.
- Cao Junjie, a father from Shanghai, China has invented a portable pod that helps him take his baby outdoors without risking him of getting infected with the coronavirus.
- The said pod has received a lot of positive reactions from netizens and according to the inventor, he's already speaking with a company to mass produce the device.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”