Connect with us

OMG

Doctors Remove 14 Roundworms From Woman’s Bile Duct

Some measure almost 10-inches long!

While it is common for worms to be found in the intestines, a woman in India was diagnosed to have been harboring roundworms in her bile duct. Thanks to Indian medical experts, the parasites were successfully removed from her internal organ.

The woman, who is only identified as Sunita, came to a hospital in India to have herself checked as she had been suffering from severe abdominal pain, fever, vomiting, and episodes of jaundice for six months. A shocking discovery was made after a CT scan was performed on her.

The woman’s bile duct was harboring 14 live roundworms, some of which measure almost 10-inches long.

The bile duct is the body organ that connects the liver and the intestines while roundworms multiply in the human gut after eggs from adult worms enter the human food chain through soil that has been contaminated.

Thankfully, doctors at Fortis Hospital in New Delhi successfully got rid of the parasites even without resorting to surgery. Using snares and forceps endoscopically, doctors were able to remove the round worms one by one from Sunita’s bile duct.

Roundworms usually find their way to the human body through the food people eat as these parasites enter the human food chain through contaminated soils.

Dr. Arvind Khurana, head of gastroenterology at the hospital, explained in an interview:

“This was a daunting task.All worms were removed using snares and forceps. While it is common to find worms in intestines, it is uncommon for them to be found in the bile duct.”

Khurana added that India has the highest number of worm infections as the deworming medication is not regularly administered. Despite this, the doctor admitted that Sunita’s case is one for the books. ”

To see 14 worms is extremely rare,” he said.

Generally, worm infestation is rampant in countries where deworming medication is not routinely administered.

Meanwhile, Sunita revealed that she has never felt better since the worms have been removed from her body. According to her, she has been pain-free since the procedure.

She said:

“My pain was so bad that I could barely stand on my feet. I had lost over 12 kilos (26lbs) in a span of a month. Thankfully they were able to diagnose my condition.”

OMG

Family Discovers Safe Hidden Beneath The Floor By Previous Owner

Buying a pre-owned house can bring you surprises.

While buying a pre-owned house has its own set of disadvantages as compared to having a new one constructed, there is no denying that it is more practical for certain people. Practicality aside, though, moving to a house that has been previously owned can offer its new owners surprises, either a pleasant or shocking one.

A family from Boca Raton, Florida was recently fixing a tile in their closet when they discovered that one of the previous owners of the house they moved into had kept some secret behind: A safe beneath a piece of a floor tile. While the father and her daughter tried some number combinations to unlock the safe with the hope that it contains some gold bars or a huge amount of money, all their efforts ended in smoke.

One of the perks of buying a pre-owned house is discovering hidden surprises intentionally or inadvertently left by the previous owners.

...

Continue Reading

Funny

Mom Goes Viral After Serving Her Children With Dick-Shaped Pasta

“Mom of the Year award most definitely does not go to me,” she said.

A young mother from Dunstable in the United Kingdom recently went viral after she mistakenly fed her children with some odd-shaped pasta. As you can tell from the photo above, the food looks inappropriate.

24-year-old mom Rebecca Brett went shopping at the market when her 3-year-old daughter Ava asked her to buy a bag of “smiley-face” pasta and so she did. It was already too late when she eventually realized the blunder.

That’s no smiley-faced pasta!

...

Continue Reading

OMG

Miracle Gone Wrong After Priest Gets Terribly Burned During Religious ‘Hot Coal’ Ritual

Warning: Graphic photos and video ahead.

This is one scary moment when one priest in India who up having 60% of his legs burned while performing a ritual in front of an audience. Everything was captured on film and the terrifying video eventually went viral on social media.

According to reports, Vijay Kumar suffered 60 percent burns in his body after the incident. Apparently, he lost his balance while doing the stunt at a festival held in the Sri Revanasiddeshwara temple in the Ramanagara district of Karnataka, India.

Vijay Kumar ran on burning coal during a religious festival – but he accidentally tripped along the way.

...

Continue Reading