- Thousands of Chinese people flocked together in some popular tourist spots in China after their government lifted the strict lockdown.
- Despite receiving warning from health authorities, Chinese tourists still visited popular tourists sites such as Huangshan Mountain Park in Anhui province, Bund Waterfront in Shanghai, and in Beijing’s parks and open spaces, among others.
- China’s chief epidemiologist Zeng Guang said “China is not near the end,” warning people that a third wave of the virus may occur.
Despite warnings from health authorities that the coronavirus pandemic is “far from over,” thousands of Chinese families crammed together in several tourists spots in the country during their holiday weekend. Lengthy lines were seen in several areas as people got too eager to experience the outdoors after the strict lockdown.
Photos have emerged in various news website showing thousands of Chinese tourists visiting Huangshan mountain park in Anhui province, the Bund waterfront in Shanghai, and in public parks of Beijing. However, Chinese Center of Disease Control and Prevention chief epidemiologist Zeng Guang warned the public that the country may expect a new stage of the health pandemic, stressing that efforts to contain the virus has “not reached the end” yet.
During the second of the seven-day holiday in China, authorities in Huangshan Mountain Park in Anhui province were forced not to accept more visitors as it reached its limit of 20,000 individuals.
In Shanghai, shoppers and tourists flocked to a popular Bund waterfront. CNN reported that some restaurants reopened back to business, requiring some customers to reserve their seats in advance.
Similar instances also happened in public parks and other open spaces in Beijing, the capital of China.
Zeng Guang continued to remind all Chinese nationals to continue being cautious by observing a 2-meter distance and avoiding crowded places.
Zeng warned that China is “not near the end” and a “third wave” of the health crisis may occur.
“China is not near the end, but has entered a new stage. With the global epidemic raging, China has not reached the end,” he warned
After photos of crowds at Huangshan have circulated in social media, state-owned media People’s Daily issued a “stern reprimand” to tourists: “Do not gather!”
The People’s Daily also said in its opinion page that while they understand that people would want to go outdoors after being in quarantine for months, visiting tourists places is not a good idea. The writer said that it is not the time yet to “stop being vigilant.”
“If there are asymptomatic carriers present during large-scale gatherings, the consequences would be severe,” the article stated.
Meanwhile, an expert from Hong Kong also warned the public about a possible “third wave.” Epidemiologist Yuen Kwok-yung said:
“So in Hong Kong, we might have a third wave of cases coming from the mainland after a second wave…The epidemic is still serious in the society. At this stage, it is still not optimistic.”
Hong Kong authorities are still containing the second wave of foreign cases after returning citizens and foreign expatriates from the United States, United Kingdom, and Europe, led to another outbreak by the end of March.
Student Regrets Joining Spring Break Party After 72 Of Them Contracts COVID-19
“Life is precious…Don’t be arrogant and think you’re invincible like myself”.
- After defying the warning and partying during the spring break, several students from University of Tampa, the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and other colleges (including Florida, Alabama, and Tennessee) have contracted the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19).
- "Life is precious...Don't be arrogant and think you're invincible like myself," Brady Sluder of Ohio, regretting the time he went partying amidst the outbreak.
- Cases of coronavirus in the United States have increased exponentially among Americans between ages 20 to 40 years old.
430,000 Travellers from China Have Entered the United States Since the Coronavirus Began, Reveals Flight Data
“I was surprised at how lax the whole process was,” said a passenger from Beijing.
- The United States is now officially the country with the highest number of confirmed coronavirus cases.
- Flight data gathered by The New York Times has revealed that about 430,000 passengers from China have entered the United States since news about the virus broke out.
Italy Grows Impatient With Lockdown, Civil Disturbance Seems To Be Brewing
“The more time passes, the more resources are exhausted. The few savings people have are running out. This tells us socio-economic issues will erupt,” said a mayor.
- Videos have emerged showing how Italian nationals are becoming frustrated and aggressive due to the month-long lockdown that resulted to people losing money.
- Hope and patience among Italians are running thin and people are fearing of a possible civil unrest.
Like Us On Facebook
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
Pregnant Elephant Dies After Eating Pineapple Stuffed With Firecrackers
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG5 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News6 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”