- An undeclared shipment of meat products from China has been seized by officials in Manila, Philippines.
- The dumplings tested positive of the of African Swine Fever (ASF) virus, a contagious disease that could easily spread to domestic and wild pigs.
A shipment from China has been seized by authorities at the Manila North Harbor port in the Philippines According to the reports, the shipment contained meat products that tested positive for African Swine Fever (ASF).
This has been officially confirmed by the country’s Bureau of Customs (BOC). The agency said that the undeclared shipment was consigned to Dynamic M Intl Trading Inc and it did not have the required sanitary permit issued by the Bureau of Animal Industry.
BOC ordered immediate inspection and laboratory test on the meat products and the Veterinary Quarantine Services eventually detected the virus in the confiscated pork-celery dumplings.
Guillermo Pedro Francia IV, director collector of Manila International Container Port (MICP), said:
“Since the threat of the ASF was raised by the Department of Agriculture, Customs has always been proactive in preventing the entry of pork products in the country.”
The illegally exported meat products will be properly disposed to prevent further spread of the disease, an ABS-CBN report said. Currently, the Philippines has implemented a strict ban on pork products from China and other countries affected with ASF to curb the problem.
What is African Swine Fever?
The official website of the World Organization for Animal Health defines African Swine Fever as “a severe viral disease affecting domestic and wild pigs.”
While it is not harmful to human health, ASF can cause widespread death among infected animals which may lead to economic loss. Symptoms of acute ASF could include anorexia, diarrhea, high fever, skin haemorrhages, and others. Mortality could go up as high as 100%.
Trump Unveils Space Force Logo And People Are Saying It’s a ‘Star Trek’ Rip-Off
What do you think, folks?
- In a Twitter post, President Donald Trump shared the official logo of the US Space Force.
- Netizens were quick to point out that the symbol bore a striking resemblance to the one from the hit sci-fi franchise Star Trek.
- However, others said the logo was based on Air Force One and NASA.
FBI Raids Filipino Pastor’s Church in Los Angeles for Human Trafficking
He’s the same pastor who claims he can stop earthquakes.
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has raided the Kingdom of Jesus Christ in Los Angeles after receiving complaints about human trafficking.
- The complainants, who were members of the said church, said that they are being forced to solicit donations to fund founder Apollo C. Quiboloy's lifestyle.
- Three church leaders have been arrested by the authorities as a result of the raid.
Chinese Woman With Fever ‘Cheats’ Coronavirus Check, Flies to Dine in France
“My exit was smooth,” she boasted.
- A woman from Wuhan, China has angered netizens after boasting about how she 'cheated' a coronavirus screening at the airport.
- She flew to France to dine at a Michelin-star restaurant.
- She has since been tracked down by the Chinese embassy in Paris.
Like Us On Facebook
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding