- China is erecting a 1,000-bed hospital in Wuhan, Hubei to accommodate more coronavirus patients.
- The said medical facility is expected to be up and running within 6 days.
With 4,500 confirmed cases and a death toll of 106, China is scrambling to control the coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak. The disease had its beginnings from the market of Wuhan and it has officially become a global concern, after several cases have also been reported from other countries.
Now the government is taking further steps as they with an increasing number of patients. As the recent reports tell us, Wuhan is building a hospital to accommodate more people infected by the virus .
The new hospital in Wuhan will have around 1,000 beds and it will be built in 6 days, said the state media.
The medical facility, which measures at 269,000 square feet, is expected to be completed in February 3 and will immediately begin accepting patients to address the health crisis.
Is it even possible to create a functioning hospital in less than a week?
The answer is a big yes, according to senior global health fellow Yanzhong Huang of the Council on Foreign Relations.
“China has a record of getting things done fast even for monumental projects like this.”
Huang shared that this isn’t the first time that the country has to rush the construction of a hospital. Back in 2003, a new one was also built in Beijing during the spread of the SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) virus. They completed the facility in 7 days.
The new hospital in Wuhan, Huang added, will be made out of prefab buildings – just like its 2003 counterpart. So while it may be hard to imagine for other countries, “it can be done” in China, the official said.
Watch this video report:
China is in a ‘grave situation,’ said President Xi Jinping in a statement.
So far, China has closed down public transportation and banned gatherings in Wuhan. The city also remains in total lockdown to prevent further spread of the virus while much-needed supplies are being rushed to the area.
Confirmed cases of coronavirus have been reported in Australia, Canada, United States, France, Japan, Malaysia, Nepal, South Korea, Singapore, and Thailand.
Nurse Claims 90,000 People Are Already Infected By Coronavirus In China
Meanwhile, Chinese officials say there are 1,975 confirmed cases.
- An unidentified female nurse in Wuhan, Hubei has uploaded a video online, claiming that there are now around 90,000 people have been infected by coronavirus in China.
- Official government reports say there are 1,975 cases so far.
- The nurse reminded people to avoid going outdoors and also issued a plea for donations, saying medical professionals in the frontline of battling the illness are running out of resources.
Deadly Chinese Wuhan Virus Speculated to Have Come From Bat Soup
Bat soup is a known delicacy in the city of Wuhan.
- Protein codes found in the virus are just like the ones found in snakes, which hunt for bats in the wild.
- Bat soup is a common delicacy in Wuhan.
- Bats were confirmed to be the source of the SARS virus.
Vice Mayor Claims Lava Stops When Its Wet, Police Wants To Throw Him Into Taal Volcano
He also wants residents within the danger zone to return home, despite warnings of hazardous eruption.
- Vice Mayor Charlie Natanauan of Talisay, Batangas thinks residents within the danger zone of Taal Volcano should already return home, despite Alert Level #4 warnings.
- Natanauan says seismologists' "opinions" about the eruption is already damaging the local economy.
- The police chief of Calabarzon said he'll throw Natanauan to the volcano as a sacrifice if people go back to their residences because of his encouragements.
Like Us On Facebook
Teacher Stumbles Upon an Adorable Sight of Three Baby Bears “Dancing” in the Forest
A Puppy Who Can’t Walk Becomes Friends With a Pigeon Who Can’t Fly
Teen Girl Shares Sad Story of Living In The Wuhan Outbreak
Let’s Admit It, CoronaVirus is Made of China -Australia said
A “Prophet” in Malawi Allegedly Sells Soap That Can Wash Away Your Sins
Is Quaden Bayles Really 18 Years Old and His Bullying Story a Scam?
Woman Captures Powerful “Eye of the Storm” Photo When Storm Ciara Subsided
Calf Born on Valentine’s Day Has a Perfect Heart-Shaped Mark on Her Forehead