- Thirty-six of the new cases were local transmissions in the country’s capital.
- An outbreak was discovered at Xinfadi market in south Beijing.
- Beijing enters a “wartime emergency mode.”
As of June 14, there are 57 new cases of coronavirus in China – the highest the country has had since April. With this, Beijing enters a “wartime emergency mode” after an outbreak was discovered at a major food market.
China has been able to control its domestic outbreak by implementing strict lockdowns early this year. But after they have brought the numbers down, fresh cases have been sprouting up, this time linked to Xinfadi market in south Beijing.
Police have been deployed at the Xinfadi market in south Beijing.
Thirty-six of the new cases were local transmissions in the country’s capital, according to the National Health Commission (NHC). Local health officials said that all were linked to the market.
Two other domestic infections were reported earlier in northeastern Liaoning province. These were said to close contacts of cases in Beijing.
This development has prompted the country to order new lockdowns, requiring people to stay home in several residential estates near the said market.
Throat swabs were held at the Xinfadi market in the city’s southwestern Fengtai district.
This resulted to 45 people testing positive out of the 517 swabbed, although none were showing symptoms of the virus.
Everyone who works at the market and lives in its surrounding neighborhoods were required to go through testing.
This also applied to other residents who have visited the market since May 30.
Guards are in place 24 hours a day at the market, which claims to be the largest agricultural wholesale market in Asia.
Chu Junwei, a district official, said:
“In accordance with the principle of putting the safety of the masses and health first, we have adopted lockdown measures for the Xinfadi market and surrounding neighborhoods.”
He added that the district is in a “wartime emergency mode.”
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Is Now Third Most Popular US Presidential Candidate
Will it be The Rock vs Donald Trump on the upcoming presidential election?
- Hollywood star and wrestling legend Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson is now the third most popular presidential candidate in the United States, reports say.
- The Fast & The Furious actor recently uploaded an 8-minute video on Twitter where he urged people to unite and criticized the failure in leadership.
Black Teen Shares His Mother’s Advice on How to Stay Safe From Racial Discrimination
“Don’t put your hoodie on. Don’t stare at a Caucasian woman.”
- Cameron Welch was told by his mom not to "ride with the music too loud" and "stare at a Caucasian woman."
- On top of that, he was told not to resist the cops and just cooperate.
- The death of George Floyd has sparked outrage from people around the world and black people are speaking out.
Satellite Images Suggest Coronavirus May Have Hit Wuhan in August, NOT December
A Harvard study tells us the disease likely started spreading way earlier than reported.
- According to a Harvard Medical School study, new data suggests that the novel coronavirus may have started to hit Wuhan as early as August 2019.
- Dr John Brownstein said satellite images of five Wuhan hospital parking lots showed a noticeable increase in volume, months before the outbreak.
- Internet searches on "cough" and "diarrhea" also grew during the same period.
10 Wound Care Regimens, Fact or Myth
Mom Puts Up Christmas Decors Early This Year To Cheer Up Her Kids – And The Whole Neighborhood
Nightclub-Goers Party In Wuhan As City Continues To Report ZERO Covid-19 Cases
“Pull It Out, Prove it” Dude Walks Out After His Girl Reveals She’s Actually A Man
Ancient Shipwreck Ladened with Gold Found in Diamond Mining Territory
Man Creates A Paragliding Bed So He Can Take A Nap In The Sky
Black Man Gets Harassed By Police For Wearing An Expensive Watch
Woman Rollerblades with Horse Behind Sunset
People6 days ago
9-Year-Old Boy Works As A Mascot To Earn For His Family
History4 days ago
‘The Silent Killer’: The Untold Story of Nieves Fernandez, The Teacher Who Killed 200 Japanese Soldiers
OMG6 days ago
‘Liquid Gold’ Rush Causes Poaching of World’s Most Expensive Tree in the Philippines
OMG6 days ago
Bus Passenger Spotted Using Large Snake As A Face Mask