- 10-year-old Chelsea Phaire is making a difference during the coronavirus pandemic.
- With the help of her parents, she has gathered and sent over 1500 art kits for less fortunate children across the United States.
The global pandemic caused by the coronavirus has showed us the best of humanity. We’ve seen many stories which highlighted the fact that, yes, all of us can do something to help others.
Case in point, a 10-year-old girl from the United States has caught a lot of love and attention online after her story went viral on social media. Despite her young age, she has now become a source of inspiration for many.
Meet Chelsea Phaire of Danbury, Connecticut.
In a CNN feature, we learn that Chelsea has taken it upon herself to “cheer up other kids stuck at home during the pandemic.”
And how did she exactly do that? Well, she has sent art kits for more than 1,500 children in foster care homes and homeless shelters in different parts of the country.
The art kits include crayons, coloring books, colored pencils, paper, pen, and others are sent by Chelsea and her parents through their organization Chelsea’s Charity.
Candace Phaire shared that her daughter has been persistently asking them to start a charity since she was 7.
When she finally turned 10, the parents decided to give it a shot. On her birthday party, she asked guests to instead bring art supplies as gifts. The art materials eventually ended up as donations in a New York homeless shelter.
They have since taken the project to the next level by establishing an Amazon wishlist of donations, where they were able to get about a thousand art kits.
Before the lockdowns, Chelsea and her mom used to bring the donations in person. With the restrictions in place today, they’re now sending art materials so kids can get busy amid the pandemic.
From March to May, the family has helped mail more than 1,500 to children
According to the supportive mother, art therapy is “being prescribed a lot more to support the mental health of young kids, especially those with social and emotional deficiencies”
Meanwhile, Chelsea remarked:
“I feel good inside knowing how happy they are when they get their art kits…Now my dream is to meet every kid in the entire world and give them art. Who knows, maybe if we do that and then our kids do that, we’ll have world peace?”
Orangutans Play with Otter Family in Adorable Zoo Photos
Look at these cute zoo friends!
- An amazing friendship is stealing the hearts of netizens all over the world.
- A zoo has shared adorable photos of a family of orangutans hanging out with little otters that live close to their enclosure.
- The sweet relationship between the creatures was actually part of a program that helps the apes deal with captivity.
108-Year-Old Woman Lived Through The Spanish Flu and Survived COVID-19
“I survived everything because I was determined to survive.”
- Sylvia Goldsholl, 108 years old, is one of the oldest survivors of the novel COVID-19.
- Goldsholl, who lives in the Allendale Community for Senior Living in Allendale, New Jersey, lived through the deadly Spanish flu pandemic in 1918 and 1919. She also survived two world wars and the Great Depression.
- Her family describes her as a feisty lady with a "survivor's mentality".
Hero Teacher Walks 5 Miles Daily Carrying 40 lbs of Free Lunch for 78 Students
Not all heroes wear capes!
- A local of Grimsby, Lincolnshire, assistant headteacher Zane Powles sports a backpack as he carries out his food delivery service.
- He walks 5 miles to drop packed lunches to his students' houses every day.
- Though he is not alone in this initiative, his efforts are appreciated by parents in the community.
Like Us On Facebook
Artist Creates Alien-Inspired Facehugger Face Mask
Online Shoppers Got Duped Into Buying Miniature Versions of Full-Size Products
Twin TikTok Stars Arrested for Bank Robbery “Pranks”
Video Captures The Exact Moment The Beirut Explosion Happened During A Wedding Photoshoot
‘John Wick 5’ Confirmed, Will Be Filmed Back-to-Back With 4th Movie
A Troubled Ship And Gov’t Negligence Blamed To Have Caused The Monster Explosion in Beirut
Second Grader Gets Infected With COVID-19 After Attending First Day of Class in Georgia
Tasaday Stone Age Tribe: A Philippines Savage Hoax That Fooled The World
- News3 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News5 days ago
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
- News7 days ago
Thousands March in Berlin to Protest Germany’s COVID-19 Restrictions
- Interesting6 days ago
Archeologists Unearth Enormous 3,300-Year-Old Prehistoric Bird Claw, and People Have Varying Opinions About What to Do With It