- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has officially announced that wearing face masks in public can help prevent coronavirus infection.
- According to CDC, COVID-19 can spread through coughing, sneezing, and even talking.
- The public should wear fabric masks and leave the medical masks for the frontliners.
As health experts continue to learn more about the coronavirus, policies are being changed and updated to help the public prevent catching the dreaded disease. Just recently, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reversed its stance regarding masks.
In the past, the organization has said that face masks are not necessary and only medical workers and those who are sick should wear them. Now they are encouraging all Americans to wear their own masks when heading outdoors as a protection against the virus.
It should, of course, be noted that CDC continues to remind the public not to buy N95 and surgical mask so as to avoid hoarding, since the frontliners need them more. Using fabric and DIY masks, they said, should be better than nothing at all.
This comes following their announcement that coronavirus spreads through coughing, sneezing, and even speaking.
In a post in their official website, we read:
“CDC is… advising the use of simple cloth face coverings to slow the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus and do not know it from transmitting it to others.”
State Senator John Bizon also agreed about the importance of DIY masks and said:
“The masks are going to be helpful in trying to cut down the transmission rate, so that the epidemic is gradually lowered.”
Watch this video report:
Meanwhile, President Donald Trump continues to resist the rule of wearing masks, pointing out that CDC said it is “voluntary.”
“I don’t think I’m going to be doing it,” Trump said.
Watch this video to learn how to make your own face masks:
87-Year-Old Patient Beats COVID-19 After Doctors Told Family To “Prepare For The Worst”
“He’s now finishing his recovery where he belongs,” at home with his wife.
- Percy Ewart Lockton, 87, has defied the odds and defeated coronavirus.
- The grandfather from the UK has gotten worse during his 2-week stay at the hospital but fortunately, his condition soon improved and he has since been discharged.
- His granddaughter shared the story on Facebook and the post quickly went viral.
Japanese Adult Video Company Gives Away 200 Free Movies During Pandemic
To help those “in need.”
- The company hopes that this will make their costumers "smile a little."
- The site crashed the day the offer was announced because of the high traffic.
- PornHub also provided free service for users in Italy.
Qatar Bans Travellers from 14 Countries Amid Rising Coronavirus Cases
The Qatari government is assuring the public that they are “taking all preventive measures” to limit the virus’ spread.
- In an attempt to prevent further spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), Qatar has closed its borders to passenger planes coming from 14 different countries.
- The health ministry assured the public that they are taking "all necessary preventive measures" to limit the spread of the dreaded disease.
- Schools and university classes have likewise been cancelled in the country from March 10 and onwards.
Like Us On Facebook
Shoplifter Gets Arrested After Wearing ‘I Pooped Today’ Shirt Twice
17-Year-Old Identified As Mastermind Behind Massive Twitter Attack That Hacked Accounts of Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Barack Obama
Filipino Community in Washington D.C. Demands “Barkada” Restaurant to Change Its Name Due to Cultural Appropriation
Archeologists Unearth Enormous 3,300-Year-Old Prehistoric Bird Claw, and People Have Varying Opinions About What to Do With It
- Interesting4 days ago
Video of a Vlogger Doing Nothing for 2 Hours Easily Got 1.6 Million Views
- News5 days ago
Alabama and Florida Residents Report Receiving Mysterious Seed Packets from China
- OMG5 days ago
Doctors Remove Live Worm From Woman’s Tonsil After Eating Sashimi
- News7 days ago
Vietnam To Evacuate 80,000 People After 3 Residents Test Positive of Coronavirus