- The baby girl has Tetra-Amelia, an autosomal recessive congenital disorder that leaves one without all the limbs of the body.
- She is perfectly healthy despite the absence of limbs.
- Australian Christian evangelist and motivational speaker Nick Vujicic has tetra-amelia syndrome, born with only two small deformed feet.
In India, a rare genetic disorder has been identified as the reason why a baby has been born without arms and legs. The infant girl, which was born in central India’s Madhya Pradesh, has Tetra-Amelia, an autosomal recessive congenital disorder that leaves one without all the limbs of the body.
A video of the baby girl recently made rounds on social media and it shows a woman carrying the infant, wrapped in cloth. She was clearly without arms and feet.
The baby’s mother is a 28-year-old woman.
Despite the absence of limbs, the baby is perfectly healthy, according to Dr. Suresh Aggarwal, a pediatrician at Rajiv Gandhi Smriti Hospital in Sironj.
Tetra-Amelia syndrome is a very rare genetic disorder and is caused by mutations in the WNT3 gene. The syndrome affects one in 100,000 newborns, said Dr Prabhakar Tiwari, Bhopal CMHO and pediatrician. He admitted that this is the first case of Tetra-Amelia syndrome that he has encountered in his career.
In a 2011 study from the Research Center on Congenital Anomalies (CIAC) of the Instituto de Salud Carlos III in Spain conducted by Dr Eva Bermejo-Sanchez, we learn that the disorder happens in roughly one out of every 71,000 pregnancies.
In many cases, the lungs of the affected are underdeveloped, which makes breathing difficult or even impossible. For this baby girl, doctors suggested that she undergo further assessments to see if her internal organs have developed normally.
A more popular example of tetra-amelia syndrome is the case of Australian Christian evangelist and motivational speaker Nick Vujicic.
Born in 1982, Nick only had two small deformed feet.
He was bullied in school and was naturally fearful for his future. He even attempted suicide, but he still persevered and was able to find his purpose in life.
This made him one of the most respected inspirational speakers in the world. Nick, who is now married and with four children and is the founder of Life Without Limbs, an international non-profit organization and ministry.
Smelly Durian Package Sends Six People To Hospital, Causes Building Evacuation In Germany
The mysterious package caused widespread panic.
- A mysterious package in the post office of Schweinfurt, Germany has caused a massive building evacuation.
- Several people also had to seek medical help after complaining of nausea.
- It turns out the said package contained 4 durian fruits.
Swan ‘Dies Of A Broken Heart’ After Teens Smashed Her Unhatched Eggs With Bricks
She just couldn’t bear the pain.
- A swan has reportedly died of "heartbreak" after teens destroyed her nest and smashed her unhatched eggs.
- Meanwhile, the male swan has been "driven away by the stress."
- The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals are now conducting investigations and said "swans, their nests, and their eggs" are under protection of existing laws.
‘Human Can Opener’ Opens Cans Using His Strong Teeth
You have to see it to believe it!
- Evanilson Gomes, 35, opens cans - and even bottles - with his strong teeth.
- He has since been dubbed online as the 'Human Can Opener.'
Like Us On Facebook
Dunkin’ To Permanently Close 450 Stores Before The Year Ends
“Starbucks Karen” Who Shamed a Barista for Asking Her to Wear a Mask Wants Half of the $100,000 Tip He Got From Supporters
After Months of Downplaying Coronavirus, Brazil’s President Bolsonaro Tests Positive of COVID-19
Huge 450-Pound Fish Pulls 2 Anglers Off Their Boat
- News3 days ago
China Reports Cases Of The Bubonic Plague That Once Wiped Out 60% Of Europe
- News5 days ago
California Man Posted He Regrets Attending A Party, Dies of COVID-19 The Next Day
- News6 days ago
Major U.S. Franchisee of Pizza Hut and Wendy’s Files for Bankruptcy
- Lifestyle4 days ago
Businessman in India Wears a $4000 Gold Mask As Coronavirus Protection