- An elderly Arizona man died, with his wife falling sick, after ingesting an additive used to clean fish tanks to treat COVID-19.
- United States President Donald Trump has referred chloroquine phosphate as a “game changer” for coronavirus.
- The FDA continues to clarify that said “cure” still haven’t undergone clinical trials.
A man from Phoenix, Arizona has died while his wife has ended up in the ICU after taking chloroquine phosphate. Apparently, the couple took the drug after hearing President Donald Trump on television saying it can be a potential “game changer” in treating coronavirus (COVID-19).
According to reports, the unnamed couple, who are both in their 60s, quickly fell ill after they ingested the medication primarily used for malaria. They were rushed into the hospital and while the woman survived after vomiting the chemical, it was already too late to save her husband.
U.S. President Donald Trump says anti-malaria drug chloroquine can be used for COVID-19.
In a media interview, the woman shared:
“We saw Trump on TV — every channel — & all of his buddies and that this was safe. Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure.”
Now she’s warning others not to make the same mistake of believing the president and his people and is encouraging them to instead call a doctor.
Watch the video where Pres. Trump talks about chloroquine as a potential cure for coronavirus:
Now watch Dr. Anthony Fauci, commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration, clarify that the evidence is purely “anecdotal” and no clinical trials have been done yet to prove that the drug is really effective.
Despite the FDA disclaimer, the president still says he “feels good” about the drug as a potential cure for coronavirus.
So far, the World Health Organization (WHO) says there is still no known cure for COVID-19, although clinical trials have started in Seattle for a potential vaccine.
Philippine Politicians Are Allegedly Abusing Their Power To Get VIP Treatment on COVID-19 Tests
According to reports, “VIP” politicians are being tested ahead of frontliners and patients with COVID-19 symptoms.
- A series of screenshot conversations have surfaced online, showing how several politicians in the Philippines allegedly demanded to have their swab samples be tested first, before patients who are really sick.
- There are reports where some patients suspected of contracting the virus died without being tested, due to the test kit shortage
- Some politicians even bragged about being tested negative and also mentioned that they were tested right at the comfort of their homes or offices.
Filipino Frontliners Are Using Improvised PPEs To Address Shortage
They made their own PPEs using trash bags and plastic bags.
- The medical staff of St Jude Hospital in Los Banos, Laguna in the Philippines are currently lacking personal protective equipment (PPE) as they lead the battle against coronavirus.
- The frontliners eventually came up with an idea to make improvised PPEs which using plastic bags and trash bags.
- Their photos went viral online and many have since hailed these frontliners as heroes.
Jack Ma to Donate 4 Million Face Masks, 600,000 Test Kits for Asia and Latin America
Thank you, Jack Ma!
- Chinese billionaire Jack Ma has pledged to donate a massive amount of face masks, testing kits, personal protective equipments, and ventilators.
- The generous tech mogul has confirmed that his foundation will send much-needed medical supplies and equipment to several countries in Asia and Latin America.
- In the Philippines, he also collaborated with boxing legend Manny Pacquiao to donate COVID-19 test kits.
Like Us On Facebook
Japan’s Copper Fiber Face Mask Can Destroy COVID-19 Particles in 4 Hours
Russia Declares State of Emergency After 20,000 Tons of Oil Spill in Arctic Circle
George Floyd Tested Positive For COVID-19, Autopsy Report Says
Netizens Are Outraged With TikTok’s “George Floyd Challenge”
- Interesting5 days ago
Formation of Clouds That Seem to Spell “LOVE” Goes Viral
- OMG6 days ago
Chinese Social Media Stars Shock Internet After Unedited Photos Get Leaked Online
- Inspiring5 days ago
Dad Reviews His Daughter’s ‘Restaurant’ And It’s Both Funny and Heartwarming
- News7 days ago
Minneapolis Rioters Play Audio From The Purge: “Any And All Crime Will Be Legal For 12 Continuous Hours”