- Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos finally acknowledged the threat of climate change in the planet.
- In his instagram post, he announced he will commit $10 billion of his wealth to support scientists, activists and non-government organizations.
- Bezos’ decision came after Amazon employees signed a letter asking him how his company plans to response to climate change.
- Employees also staged a walk which led to Bezos promising to go carbon neutral by 2040.
After employees staged a protest and signed petition against his inaction on climate change, the world’s richest man and Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos announced that he will donate $10 billion to fight climate change.
His commitment is reported to be one of the highest donation was made so far, among other billion dollar earner business tycoons. In an instagram post, he announced that he will be committing $10-billion through the newly-launched Bezos Earth Fund. This initiative, he said, will fund scientists, activists, and NGOs or “any effort that offers a real possibility to help preserve and protect the natural world. ”
“I want to work alongside others both to amplify known ways and to explore new ways of fighting the devastating impact of climate change on this planet we all share,” he wrote on the said post.
The Bezos Earth Fund, he said, will begin issuing grants this summer.
Bezos’ $10-billion commitment is less than 8% of his estimated $130 billion net worth. It is also one of the biggest charity pledges made among the support granted by other billionaires.
Base on Chronicle of Philanthropy, billionaire Warren Buffet was ranked first to pledge $36 billion to charity in 2006; followed by $16.4 billion support in 2007 by Helen Walton, Walmart founder San Walton’s late wife.
“We can save Earth. It’s going to take collective action from big companies, small companies, nation states, global organizations, and individuals,” Bezos also pointed out in his post.
In 2019, Amazon Employees for Climate Justice staged a walkout calling Bezos to do more in addressing the underlying causes like fossil fuel consumption. Thousands of Amazon employees likewise signed a letter asking about the company’s plan in addressing climate change.
During the protest, Amazon announced that it will pledge to go carbon neutral by 2040. It also said that it plans to deploy 100,000 electric delivery vans by 2024.
Woman Claims Not Drinking Water for 1 YEAR Made Her Much Healthier
“You don’t need water to stay hydrated, it really just makes you feel bloated.”
- Sophie Partik, 35, says dry fasting has significantly improved her health.
- According to the woman from Bali, Indonesia, she hadn't drank any water for a year and now she feels healthier as a result.
Gaming Has No Future? 27-Year-Old Gamer Buys A Mustang In His Slippers
What a humble guy – and what a sweet ride!
- Malaysian gamer Soloz just recently purchased his own Ford Mustang GT500.
- The 27-year-old eSports athlete has been representing the country in various competitions.
- His success proves to everyone that yes, you can make serious money in gaming.
Foster Care Graduate Pays it Forward: Single Mom Adopts 6 Boys To Make A Difference
This single mom just saved six boys from thinking they ‘didn’t have anywhere to go.’
- Jessica Benzakein, 46-year old single mom and a foster care system alumnus made news after finalizing the adoption of six boys
- Some may think the boys were 'lucky', but to Jessica, these boys had given her purpose
- Now, she shares a fun and safe home with her family - eight kids including two of her own
Like Us On Facebook
Mysterious Object Sighted Over Denver Skies
Small-Scale Miner in Tanzania Finds Rare Gemstone Worth $2 Million
American Man Dies from Bubonic Plague, As China Puts Another Village in Lockdown
Solar Foods Ltd and NASA Make Edible Food Out of Thin Air!
- News5 days ago
Beirut Ignored Public Warning There Was A Russian ‘Bomb’ At The Port
- News7 days ago
Shocking Videos Capture Massive Explosion in Beirut, Lebanon
- News5 days ago
43 Days of Monsoon Rain Devastate South Korea with Deadly Floods and Over 200 Landslides
- Art4 days ago
‘John Wick 5’ Confirmed, Will Be Filmed Back-to-Back With 4th Movie