- A Dalmatian may have broken the world record by giving birth to a litter of 19 puppies.
- The pups were delivered via Caesarian section and all 19 are confirmed to be healthy and happy.
- Amazingly, this was the Dalmatian’s first litter.
Here’s a story that could give Pongo and Perdita of 101 Dalmatians a run for their money. An amazing Dalmatian has given birth to a litter of 19 adorable little puppies.
Melody is a Dalmatian who lives with her owner Melissa O’Brien in Albury in New South Wales, Australia. O’Brien, who happens to be a breeder, was certain that Melody would be giving birth to a large litter when the dog gained 15 kgs (around 33 pounds) during the pregnancy. Nevertheless, she wasn’t prepared when the babies started coming. Amazingly, all 19 of the puppies were born healthy.
Better keep these cuties away from Cruella De Vil!
The puppies were delivered via Caesarian section since O’Brien was already expecting a large litter. Nevertheless, she and the veterinarian were blown away when the final count came to 19.
“I thought there’d be 18,” she said. “One of my friends had a litter of 18 and that was a lot.”
Amazingly, this is Melody’s first litter and O’Brien says that they will also be her last.
“She’s had two litters in one, so that’s it for her,” O’Brien said.
Melissa O’Brien with some of Melody’s puppies.
Interestingly, the other Dalmatian that gave birth to 18 puppies is also from Australia. Back in 2017, Miley the Dalmatian gave birth to 18 pups after a 13-and-a-half hour labor in Ballarat in Victoria. Miley’s owner, Cecilia Langton-Bunker, is also a breeder.
How many puppies can you spot?
Melody’s puppies were born completely white. However, they quickly got their spots in just a few weeks. The litter consists of 10 male and nine female pups. Each one is named after Disney characters like Pumbaa from The Lion King and Belle from Beauty and The Beast.
You can learn more about the story below:
Scientist Uses 4,500-Year-Old Yeast To Bake Bread, Says It Tastes Incredible
Is this what the ancient Egyptians were eating back in the day?
- A scientist wanted to find out if dormant yeast can be activated even after thousands of years.
- He managed to find yeast from ancient Egyptian clay pottery that is 4,500 years old.
- Amazingly, he decided to make some bread with the yeast and claims that the "flavor is incredible."
Father Asks Strangers For Interesting Random Facts He Could Share With Daughter At Bedtime
Did you know that parents can mail their child through the postal service back in the day?
- Father asks Redditors for questions to share with his girl during bedtime.
- Amazingly, he got surprising responses that will blow your mind.
- Did you know a wombat's poop is cube-shaped?
Fake Cop Gets Arrested After Pulling Over Real Police Officers
Definitely NOT his lucky day!
- Valiery Portlock, 25 years old, posed as a fake cop in Hicksville, Long Island in New York.
- Unfortunately for him, he pulled over a van carrying detectives from the electronic squad of the police department.
- Portlock attempted to escape them but he was immediately stopped by highway patrol officers.
- He is now facing two charges as a result of his actions.