- A mysterious medical case has puzzled experts after 57 crew members of a fishing trawler in Argentina caught coronavirus.
- This is despite the fact that they have all undergone mandatory quarantine and testing before their departure.
Authorities in Argentina are currently in a state of confusion because of a mysterious coronavirus case. As recent reports tell us, sailors have been found positive of Covid-19 after they have been at sea for 35 days. Eventually, the Echizen Maru fishing trawler had been forced to return to port after several crew members showed Covid-19 symptoms.
This is despite the fact that all 61 crew members have tested negative of the virus before leaving port. Plus all of them were required to a mandatory 14-day quarantine in a hotel in Ushuaia prior to their departure.
Now they had to undergo another testing and this time, 57 of them tested positive of the virus.
As of this writing, two sailors have tested negative while two others are still waiting for the results. Two have also been confined at a hospital.
The case has since puzzled the country’s health officials as they tried to solve the mystery of how the sailors contracted the contagious disease, despite of efforts to prevent it.
Tierra del Fuego primary health care director Alejandra Alfaro shared:
“It’s hard to establish how this crew was infected, considering that for 35 days, they had no contact with dry land and that supplies were only brought in from the port of Ushuaia.”
The fishing boat has since docked at Ushuaia but the crew members are not permitted to disembark.
Meanwhile, Ushuaia Regional Hospital infectious diseases department head Leandro Ballatore pointed out that this may be a “case that escapes all description in publications, because an incubation period this long has not been described anywhere.”
“We cannot yet explain how the symptoms appeared,” he admitted.
As of this reporting, Argentina has recorded 136,118 confirmed coronavirus cases, with a death toll of 2,490.
COVID-19 Positive Man Hugs Nosy Neighbors To Infect Them With Virus
He also refused to be taken to a hospital.
- A 40-year-old man in Indonesia refused a medical team when they asked him to be hospitalized for coronavirus treatment.
- His swab results indicated he has the virus.
- He eventually chased and hugged his neighbors in an attempt to pass the disease.
With the Shortage of Ventilators Due to COVID-19, One Country Only Has 4 for 12 Million People
Their healthcare system is “extremely fragile” that experts are getting seriously worried.
- Despite having a population of 12 million, South Sudan only has 4 ventilators.
- The country has reported its first case of coronavirus last April 5.
- So far, they have 4 confirmed COVID-19 infections.
CDC Is Now Encouraging All Americans To Wear Masks As Protection Against COVID-19
Previously, CDC said only health workers and sick people should wear masks.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has officially announced that wearing face masks in public can help prevent coronavirus infection.
- According to CDC, COVID-19 can spread through coughing, sneezing, and even talking.
- The public should wear fabric masks and leave the medical masks for the frontliners.
Like Us On Facebook
Beer Company Inadvertently Names their Beverage after Pubic Hair
Golden Retriever Being Abandoned By Its Owner Was Captured on Video
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
People Are Advised To Have Sεx With Masks On And Only ‘Do Positions Facing Away From Each Other’