- A 5-year-old boy in New York became the first child to die from a COVID-19-related disease called “multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) or pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome.
- The United States has reported 110 children falling ill from MIS-C.
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) already issued a warning to all physicians about this rare but deadly disease among children and young adults under the age of 5 to 21 years old.
A five-year-old boy in New York has died from a new COVID-19-related disease called pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome, Mount Sinai Health System announced recently. The child was the first recorded death from 110 reported cases in the United States.
Expressing his sympathy to the bereaved, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said that there are continuous investigations about this disease among children.
“This is every parent’s nightmare that your child may actually be infected by this virus, but it is something we have to consider seriously now,” Cuomo said in a press briefing aired in NBC New York.
He also added that his city is now investigating deaths among children that may be related to pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome.
“This would be really painful news and would open an entirely different chapter,” Cuomo remarked.
Mt. Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital confirmed that the 5-year-old boy was under their care died from this mysterious COVID-19-related disease. In a statement, the hospital expressed their sympathy to the family.
“This is an extremely rare and previously unknown presentation of COVID-19 in children. We extend our deepest condolences to the family in the wake of this tragedy,” Mount Sinai said in a statement.
A total of 110 children have been diagnosed with pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome in several states across the country, namely California, Delaware, Louisiana, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Washington D.C.
The pediatric multisystem inflammatory syndrome has symptoms that overlap with “toxic shock syndrome and Kawasaki disease”. This disease is a rare inflammatory syndrome that normally appeared on children under the age of 5. However, some reports stated that hospitals have been receiving cases of the mysterious illness on patients as old as 21.
Cuomo urged parents to seek immediate care if their child is experiencing signs and symptoms such as prolonged fever for more than five days; severe abdominal pain, diarrhea or vomiting; change in skin color from normal to pale, patchy and/or blue; breathing troubles; racing heart rate or chest pain; decreased amount of frequency in urine; lethargy, irritability, and/or confusion.
Experts said children having this syndrome can develop heart function problems where the heart refuses to pump as it should.
China Vows To Share COVID-19 Vaccine With The World Once Ready
Pres. Xi jinping assured the cure will be made for “global public good.”
- In a recent speech, President Xi Jinping said China will share the coronavirus vaccine with the world once it is available.
- He said the cure will be made for "global public good."
U.S. Biotech Company Claims To Have Found The “Cure” For Coronavirus
The drug can be made available sooner than the coronavirus vaccine.
- The antibody prevents the virus from penetrating 100 percent of the human healthy cells in their petri dish experiments.
- Sorrento Therapeutics has filed for emergency approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- The antibody has yet to be tested on people.
Black Light Experiment Shows How Incredibly Fast COVID-19 and Other Viruses Can Spread at a Restaurant
Germs spread quickly on food, utensils, platters, and even on the faces of the people involved.
- The viral footage shows 10 people coming into the restaurant, with one of them as the "infected person."
- The "infected" person's hands contain a fluorescent substance (which represents germs) that is only visible under black light.
- The black light shows the illuminated spots were found on food, utensils, platters, and even on people's faces.
The Scenic Fishing Village of Nazaré, Portugal
Chinese Textbook Changes Bible Story, Claims Jesus Killed A Sinner
Huge Fire Breaks Out In Huawei 5G Research Facility In China
How An Old TV Caused An Entire Village To Lose Broadband Access Daily For 18 Months
Sci/Tech4 days ago
Man Flies Like Iron Man Using A Jet Powered Flying Suit
Videos7 days ago
“Pull It Out, Prove it” Dude Walks Out After His Girl Reveals She’s Actually A Man
Travel4 days ago
Sigiriya, an Ancient Fortress in Sri Lanka
Videos3 days ago
Huge Iceberg Flips Over On Arctic Explorers Who Tried To Climb It