Connect with us

Others

Whale Found Dead In Thailand Had Over 80 Plastic Bags In Stomach

The poor whale starved to death.

A pilot whale died in Southern Thailand and scientists have found the alarming cause of the death. Apparently, the whale had 80 plastic bags in its stomach, which caused the animal to starve to death.

A week ago, the pilot whale was found clinging to life up a canal in Songkhla province, near the Malaysian border. Conservation officials tried to save the whale’s life for days. They used buoys to keep it afloat and umbrellas to provide a shield from the sun.

After five days of endless effort, the whale vomited pieces of plastic.

The whale's condition drastically deteriorated and it later died.

Officials from Thailand’s Department of Marine and Coastal Resources conducted an autopsy to learn the cause of the whale’s death.

The autopsy later revealed that the whale had ingested 80 plastic bags weighing more than 17 pounds. The officials said that the whale must’ve mistakenly ingested them, thinking they were food.

The natural diet of pilot whales is squid but they also eat other marine life such as octopus, cuttlefish, and small fish. It is more likely that the whale thought that the plastic bags were squid. The situation made the whale more desperate and hungrier, leading it to the canal.

Thon Thamrongnawasawat, a marine biologist and lecturer at Kasetsart University, said:

“If you have 80 plastic bags in your stomach, you die.”

He added that the plastic bags hindered the whale to eat nutritious food.

Source: Thai Whales

According to reports, about 8 million tons of plastic waste end up in oceans each year worldwide. That accounts for 80 percent of all ocean litter.

Moreover, we learn that Thailand is considered as one of the largest consumers of plastic bags across the globe. As we can see in this story, the harsh reality is that plastics bags can really kill marine animals.

Others

Russia’s Psychic Cat Achilles Correctly Predicts World Cup Opening Game Winner

But can he predict the 2018 FIFA World Cup champion?

The new Nostradamus might be an adorable furry critter. A sweet Russian cat has been chosen to predict the outcome of the first game of the 2018 FIFA World Cup. It may seem hard to believe but the feline was spot on with his prediction.

Achilles is already a modern day prophet. After all, the cat correctly predicted most of the results in last year's Confederate Cup in Russia. Nevertheless, people wondered if the adorable feline will manage to prophesy what would happen in this year's World Cup opening game. Achilles had to choose between Russia and Saudi Arabia, and managed to predict the motherland's stunning victory.

...
Continue Reading

Others

Dog Interrupts MLB Baseball Game, Gets Rewarded With A Ball And A New Friend

The pooch thought the baseball team was trying to play fetch with her!

One lucky dog had a truly awesome day at the park. A young German Shepherd got to watch a Minor League Baseball game with her owner. In addition to that, the pooch got to play a game of fetch and made a new friend. She also went home with a ball and won the hearts of many fans.

The MLB team Tulsa Drillers recently had a Bark at the Park Night when they went up against the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. The event allows fans to bring their dogs to the field while the NWA infielders were warming up. One pooch noticed that the players were throwing a ball around. The excited German Shepherd immediately broke away from her owner and dashed to join the baseball players.

...
Continue Reading

Others

Hero Pitbull Saves Family From Fire, Grabs Baby By Her Diaper

“If it wasn’t for her, I would have still been in bed and things could have taken a worse turn,” said the dog’s owner.

Pit bulls may look like the aggressive type but in reality, they can be among the most loving, loyal, and friendly dogs you can ever have. On top of that, they can even save your life.

Take it from this family who was recently alerted by their pet dog from a fire. Because of the pit bull puppy’s actions, no one was hurt from what could have been a very tragic blaze.

...
Continue Reading

Trending