- A Facebook user posted a heartbreaking story of a security guard from Southern Philippines.
- Apparently, the man eats junk food and rice everyday to provide for his family back home.
- The man hopes that once his children graduates in college, he will stop his unhealthy eating practice.
A security guard from Cotobato, Philippines was seen eating junk food and rice during one of his evening work-breaks. A Facebook user named Ralph Reymond Hermano Getanes posted his photos and shared their conversation during that evening.
Eventually, netizens caught Getanes’ post and shared it online. The story of the security guard then went viral and netizens have been praising him for being willing to sacrifice his health just to provide for his family.
The unnamed security guard is working under a “straight duty” schedule in one of the companies in Mindanao when Getanes saw him eating his dinner on a plastic bag – and it’s just rice with Ding Dong Mixed Nuts.
Later on, another F facebook user revealed that the security guard’s name is Aries Abas.
Ding Dong Mixed Nuts is a popular junk food in the Philippines which contains salted peanuts, corn bits, green peas, corn chips and curls.
Getanes approached the security officer and asked him why he is eating junk food and rice for his meal.
“Yes sir, I’m supporting several of my family in Cotabato” the security guard said in Filipino.
Getanes said that he may get sick, especially he is working under a “straight duty” schedule, which meant a 24-hour work duty.
His response was heartbreaking – he is used to eating junk food and rice and he hopes one day, he will no longer have to consume these unhealthy meals when his children finish college.
Getanes then shared the story on social media and reminded the security guard’s family not to waste his noble “effort and sacrifices” for them.
Several netizens asked for his information and expressed desire about giving support for the security guard.
Some offered prayers.
Abas works in a popular Davao department store owned by a Filipino-Chinese business tycoon.
Based on the JobStreet website, a security guards’ salary in Mindanao, Philippines is roughly Php 11,219 ( approximately US$224) a month or Php370 (approximately US$7) per day.
Plus-Sized Woman Loses Weight, Gets Crowned As Miss Great Britain
She was once obese. Now she’s a beauty queen!
- Jen Atkin just won as Miss Great Britain.
- To everyone's surprise, the 26-year-old beauty queen revealed she was once obese.
- Now an advocate of living a healthy lifestyle, Jen believes anyone can also lose weight and achieve their dreams if they're willing to work hard.
A Puppy Who Can’t Walk Becomes Friends With a Pigeon Who Can’t Fly
They always cuddle and have become inseparable.
- Lundy the Chihuaha was born with mobility problems linked to spinal damage.
- Hernan the pigeon is one of the rescue group's oldest residents.
- The foundation plans to make Lundy move himself by putting him on a wheelchair.
After Seeing Heartbreaking Video of Bullied Boy, Comedian Raises Over $150,000 To Send Him to Disneyland
Comedian Brad Williams set up a GoFundMe campaign not only to send 9-year-old Quaden Bayles to Disneyland but also to raise awareness against bullying.
- After seeing the heartbreaking video of bullied 9-year-old boy Quaden Bayles, comedian Brad Williams, who also has dwarfism, raised $150,000 to send the kid and his family to Disneyland.
- Yarraka Bayles, Quaden's mom, posted a heartbreaking video of her bullied son crying and asking her to "give me a rope, I want to kill myself"
- Williams fundraising efforts was made to let the people know that bullying will not be tolerated.
Like Us On Facebook
How One Small Town In Italy Stopped The Coronavirus Outbreak
TikTok App is “Fundamentally Parasitic,” According to Tech Experts
Parents Are Sharing Funny Photos Of Their Kids While In Quarantine
Cowboy Museum Assigns Security Guard to Manage Their Twitter Account, Now He Becomes An Internet Sensation
Doctor Moves Into a Tent in Own Garage to Protect Family While Treating COVID-19 Patients
Delivery Guy Caught Spitting on Package Amidst COVID-19 Scare
Not Wearing Mask Is A “Big Mistake,” Chinese Expert Says
83-Year-Old Proves Age is But A Number After Becoming Flower Girl During Granddaughter’s Wedding