Connect with us


Shocked Buyer Complains About Grocery Store’s “Spider Cookie”





Like most kids, Eric Sowa’s 9-year-old daughter went home one day wanting some after-school snack.

The family, however, was shocked with what they found as they opened the box of vanilla wafer cookies they recently bought from a local grocery store in Long Island, New York – they found a spider baked into one of the cookies.

According to the family, they purchased the cookies at the ALDI store in Lindenhurt. Elizabeth, Eric’s wife, soon got in touch with ALDI and they were given a $5 coupon and assured them that the manufacturer will contact them soon.

That promise has yet to fulfilled as of this writing.

Eric said:

“There has been no communication, nor the store saying they would pull any inventory or notify.”

Eric Sowa, grocery buyer, complains that his daughter almost accidentally ate the ALDI’s “spider cookie.”


Source: ABC

As for the $5 coupon, Eric described it as “laughable.” Besides, his daughter was too close to eating a “spider cookie,” he said.

When contacted by Eyewitness News, ALDI released a statement saying:

“At ALDI, we take the safety and integrity of the products we sell very seriously. That’s why every private-label food product we sell comes with the ALDI Double Guarantee, which means we will replace the product and refund the purchase price of any ALDI food product if a customer is not 100 percent satisfied.

“Our understanding is that this is an isolated incident and our supplier has reached out to the customer to investigate the matter further. We sincerely regret any inconvenience or concern this situation may have caused.”

I don’t know about you guys but this kinda makes me paranoid about the idea of buying cookies from that company. I mean I’m really not a big fan of spiders!

View Comments