When we think about a certain item, we usually have a specific size in mind. Most animals are smaller than humans, a hard drive is a small and compact data storage device, and so on.
However, not everything we know is consistent. There are actually things that are either way too big or too small than we expect them to be. Here are 21 things whose size came as a total surprise.
1. The sheer size of this saltwater crocodile.
2. An anaconda is not your ordinary snake.
3. The biggest baby in the world is 23 lb. He is being compared to an average-sized baby.
4. Barbie’s proportions compared to an average 19-year-old’s.
5. This is a human skeleton compared to a gorilla skeleton.
6. A Lion’s Mane jellyfish looks more like a Tiki Hut.
8. The world’s oldest living wombat — and probably one of the biggest.
9. A one-month-old kitten is just an inch taller than a soda can.
10. A blue whale makes a big ship look like a tiny boat.
11. A newborn kitten’s head is the size of a bottle cap.
12. In case you were wondering, here’s the size difference between $10,000 in ones and hundreds.
13. An elephant seal compared to a human. It almost looked like a giant sculpture.
14. A six-day-old mouse makes this coin look gigantic.
15. One of the props that was used for the close-ups in the “Lord of the Rings” movies.
16. Bear claws next to a human hand.
17. A huge door with a human for scale. Where’s the doorknob?
18. The size of this California Condor is breathtaking.
19. A 10MB hard drive from the 1960s is bigger than a stirring wheel.
20. This giant leatherback sea turtle could pass as a realistic-looking sand sculpture.
21. Escargot, anyone?
We often see things on the internet whose size we never even think about. And it’s only when we see them compared to something common that things really get put into perspective.
One-Eyed Calf Being Worshipped As A God In India Goes Viral
The poor creature is clearly struggling to breathe in the shocking video.
What would you do if you encountered a cyclops? In India, several people are already worshipping a calf with a strange birth defect. The unfortunate creature was born with one huge eye is believed to be a god and has gone viral on the internet.
The one-eyed calf was born in the Bardhaman district of West Bengal in India. In the shocking video footage, the poor creature is shown somehow gasping to breath because of it doesn't have a muzzle. Nevertheless, it is still very much alive and appears to be healthy.
The young calf struggles to breathe through its mouth.
Barber Shaves Play Button Into Client’s Hair After He Paused A Video To Show The Hairstyle
“There are not so many rigorous hairdressers like this left.”
Ever experienced going to a hairdresser and just showing the hairstyle you want from a YouTube clip or a photo from social media? Some of us have done it – we've taken a screenshot of a celebrity or a model into the hairdressers in the hope that you’ll leave the building not only with a fresh new trim but also resembling your favorite in every way.
So when this man found a haircut that he liked, he showed the video to his barber. Unfortunately for him, his barber was a little bit too detail-oriented.
The client showed this paused video to the barber.
US National Parks Are Currently Covered In Human Feces And Garbage
“There are piles of human s–t everywhere. Gross, but so seriously true.”
The US national parks have always been a source of pride for Americans. In addition to showing off the country's beauty, these parks are also contributing to tourism and give visitors a sense of tranquility. Unfortunately, things have been changing in the past few years. People have discovered that these locations are currently mired in dirt and pollution due to the government shutdown.
The US government shutdown has managed to block funding for quite some time and it is affecting even the national parks. This is especially true after the holidays when people celebrated outdoors but also left their garbage. With no one to clean up after them, the parks are now covered in human waste and dirt.
Yosemite National Park before the government shutdown.