Swimming is a great activity for friends and family. Aside from the fun and enjoyable experience, it is also a good way to get some exercise and be healthy too. But caution is of the utmost importance every time one goes to the water, as drowning and other injuries may occur.
While we have heard of drowning in the water, we did not know that there is such a thing called “dry drowning,” and we should be alert on this one, especially for our kids.
Cassandra Jackson and his 10-year-old son, Johnny went to a nearby pool for a swim.
Everything went by smoothly and they went home as if nothing is wrong after an hour.
Johnny then told her mom that he was feeling very tired.
Cassandra thought this is just normal considering that he played and swam in the water earlier.
And so Johnny took a nap.
But after an hour, Cassandra found Johnny unconscious on his bed with his face covered in a white-foamy substance.
She immediately called 911 for help. Johnny was rushed to the hospital but was declared dead on arrival.
The autopsy revealed that Johnny suffered from dry drowning, which is referred to as asphyxiation due to drowning. This condition develops when an individual swallows in water that goes directly to the lungs, instead of the gastrointestinal system. When the lungs become water-filled, the lining may get irritated and adequate blood flow is impeded, halting the circulation of oxygenated blood to the heart, brain and the entire body. This condition is rare and may occur up to 72 hours after ingesting the water.
Watch the video report here:
Dry drowning is just one of the conditions that can happen to us when we go swimming. Let us stay vigilant and help raise awareness amongst our peers. If only adequate information was made known to Cassandra, then Johnny’s life would have been saved.
What do you think of this story? Let us know in the comment box below and share this post to your family and friends too!
Python Believed to Suffer Remorseful Death After Swallowing a Porcupine
This large snake literally bit off more than it could chew!
Although Africa has always been a popular tourist destination for its mystical dessert safaris and wild reservoirs, its exotic and rare species are also taking the spotlight by storm.
Lake Eland Game Reserve in South Africa is known for its cinematographic ambiance and tranquility. But just recently, a giant snake known to be a python was found lifeless at its rocky ledge. Upon noticing the incredibly visible figure shaping its stomach, experts believed that the last meal may have been the cause for its remorseful death.
A huge python was found lifeless at its rocky ledge of Lake Eland Game Reserve.
Poisonous Fake Rice From China is Now Exported To Several Asian Countries.
Plastic-tainted rice from China is reportedly spreading across Asia.
Rice has been part of every Asian meal. In East and Southeast Asia, rice is included in their daily consumption and is usually cooked plain. A variety of rice has also been known in Eurasian continent like Western Asia and Europe which is mostly cooked with flavoring. Indeed, rice has been a staple food for several countries around the world.
Meanwhile, the issue spreading online about the 'fake rice' from China is quite alarming. Rumor has it that this plastic-tainted rice is now said to be exported to other Asian countries like India, Indonesia, Vietnam and recently, Singapore. Although it is not yet proven true, further investigations are being done to ensure the consumers' safety.
Fake Rice from China is now said to be exported to other countries across Asia.
China Cancels Dog Meat Festival!
An online campaign against the inhumane practice forced local Chinese officials to cancel the festival.
Dog's get happy, sad, mad, and frightened; some tremble in fear when they know they're in danger. Then I imagined what it must have been like during the "Jinhua Hutou Dog Meat Festival" or Yulin Festival (a 600-year old tradition practiced in China every October) and it's almost as if I can hear thousands of helpless dogs howl and cry in pain and fear as merchants slaughtered them in the market.
Warning: This article contains graphic images.
Back in the old days, the locals used to bring cooked dog meat and sell them in the market during the annual temple fair. But rumors spread that the merchants poison the dogs....
Like Us On Facebook
Comic Artist, Who Stands 5-Feet, Shares The Advantages of Being Short
Deadly Chinese Wuhan Virus Speculated to Have Come From Bat Soup
Vice Mayor Claims Lava Stops When Its Wet, Police Wants To Throw Him Into Taal Volcano
Woman Bakes Heart-Shaped Macarons, They Ended Up Looking Like Something Else