Becoming a father is no easy task. Just like being a mother, it’s a 24/7 job that requires no paycheck, only love and respect from their children.
There is no perfect formula to becoming the best father but one dad has a list and pieces of advice for fathers raising a daughter. Michael Mitchell, a father to a young girl keeps a blog about his thoughts and personal experiences as a parent. He also shares the realities, joys and struggles of being a father including his tips to better understand children (daughters).
This might also come in handy for expectant fathers and a precious gift to every dad out there. Reminisce special moments with your main man and acknowledge his efforts to be the best father a child or a daughter could ever have–our rock, hero, protector, provider and friend all rolled into one.
Here are 22 best quotes from Michael’s blog.
- Love and respect her mother. Don’t be ashamed of expressing your feelings in public. When your girl grows up, there’s a good chance that she’ll fall in love with someone who treats her as you treated her mother.
- Always be by her side. When you spend time with your child, not only does the quality matter, but also the quantity. Be sincerely interested in things that are important to her. Participate in every stage of her life.
- Become her hero, and value that role every day, every minute. A red cape and blue tights are obligatory.
- Yes, you look silly playing hide-and-seek. But it’s necessary.
- Dance with your little girl long before her wedding day.
- Take her fishing, even if she squirms more than a worm on a hook.
- Tell her she’s beautiful, again and again, every day. When she grows up, TV and magazines will try to convince her she’s not.
- Relish every moment spent together. Today she crawls around the house in diapers, and tomorrow you’ll be handing her keys to the car. Before you realize it, you’re walking her down the aisle. Life passes quickly. Savor the moments.
- She’ll argue with her mother. Choose sides wisely.
- Let her experience a variety of things. There are a lot of surprising and interesting things beyond your town or apartment.
- Buy her what she asks for. One day she’ll ask for a dog. Just say ’yes’.
- Teach her how to deal with money.
- Carry her in your arms or on your shoulders as often as possible, while your back is strong and she’s still a baby.
- She’ll be waiting for you to come home from work. Don’t be late.
- If she had a bad dream, let her sleep in your bed.
- There’s nothing more soothing in life than to cry on dad’s shoulder.
- When pushing her on a swing in a park, remember that her «faster and higher» is a bit different from yours.
- Ice cream works magic. Remember her favorite flavor.
- Never miss her birthday and always keep a promise.
- Learn to trust her. Give her more freedom as she grows up.
- Remember that one day, she’ll open her wings and fly away a beautiful butterfly. Enjoy her while she’s still a little caterpillar.
- Let her know she can always come home.
Dine with a Giraffe at a Kenyan Manor
An awesome vacation involves a great place, warm people, and giraffe poking in at the window asking you for snacks while you sip coffee.
Located in Nairobi, Kenya is a small hotel, the Giraffe Manor. Guests get the chance to spend time with the endangered Rothschild giraffes that circle the entire estate. It's not every single day that you can actually live, walk and possibly dine with a giraffe so imagine the surprise it brings guests whenever a giraffe decides to drop by and say hello for breakfast.
The giraffes live in harmony with the guests in the Manor.
The Giraffe Manor was built in 1932, orginally as a home for Sir David Duncan. Now, the property serves as a tourist attraction and a conservation site for endangered species. This inconceivable place is now a beacon of hope for the Rothschild Giraffe that is nearing its extinction. The hotel sits on twelve acres of land with at least 140 acres of forest surrounding it.
How Easy it is To Make Someone’s Day Shown in This Powerful And Inspiring Video
This inspiring video about humanity is something to smile about today.
Despite every chaos and adversity happening around the world today it's amazing how simple and random acts of kindness continue to transcend all these negative things. There are countless ways to show kindness and be reminded of the goodness of humanity. Meanwhile, YouTuber Josh Paler Lin shows us exactly that in a social experiment he performed himself. In a powerful and inspiring video, Lin gives us an overview of how easy it is to make someone's day through simple acts of kindness.
A little good deed that can make a big difference in someone else's life.
It also depicts the challenges that people go through everyday and a little something to give them back and cheer them up. Kind acts like giving food to the homeless, paying for whoever is behind you in the drive thru or for a stranger who is having a rough week (and the list goes on). It doesn't always have to be a grand gesture but a deed done with the sincerest intention like paying it forward.
5 Ways to Snap Out of Those Monday Blues
Get out of the seasonal rut with these inspiring tips…
Mondays are the most depressing times of the week. Particularly the Mondays that occur in January, just after the holiday season.
Its those times you have to struggle to wake up in the freezing cold to go to back to work, thinking about all those New Year's resolutions you are likely to break, and panicked at the thought of all those credit card bills arriving from last month's Christmas expenses.
All these things running through your head during the "Blue Mondays" of January are likely to get you depressed as not. Here are five ways you can counter those blues:
Like Us On Facebook
California Man Posted He Regrets Attending A Party, Dies of COVID-19 The Next Day
Fashion Designer Unveils Face Masks Inspired by Catriona Gray’s Lava Gown
24 Funny Grandparents Spotted Wearing Inappropriate Shirts
Marvel Comics Acquires Rights to Alien & Predator
Shelter Dog Who Always Gets Rejected Shows He Can Make His Own Bed
Major U.S. Franchisee of Pizza Hut and Wendy’s Files for Bankruptcy
Chinese Farm Couple’s Viral ‘Rural-Style Shuffle Dance’ Helps Hubby Fight Depression
24 Funny Grandparents Spotted Wearing Inappropriate Shirts
- People6 days ago
Meet “Plant Daddy,” A Guy Who Spent $5,000 Buying 200 Species of House Plants
- News6 days ago
Brand-New Lamborghini Gets Wrecked Just 20 Minutes After Leaving the Dealership
- Interesting5 days ago
5 Countries with the Longest Lunch Breaks in the World
- LifeHacks5 days ago
You’ve Been Threading Needles Wrong Your Whole Life