When travelling to a distant land, what type of hotel are you looking forward to stay in? Are you just looking for a hostel where you can rest for the evening, or are you looking for a place that will give you the full pampering treatment? Or perhaps you’re like one of the judges at the World Architecture Festival where you’re searching for a beautifully-made building that will inspire future architecture projects?
Every year, the World Architecture Festival holds an event wherein they celebrate and award the most inspiring and innovative projects in the world of architecture. This year, there were 13 new “Hotels and Leisure” buildings in the list and one highly deserving winner, which was announced in Berlin last November.
Here are the 13 nominees you might want to visit the next time you’re travelling.
1. WINNER: Fushengyu Hotspring Resort in Mianyang, China, by Aim Architecture
2. Alila Seminyak Resort in Bali, Indonesia, by URBNarc
3. The Naka Phuket in Phuket, Thailand, by Duangrit Bunnag Architect
4. Earth Village in Ha Giang, Vietnam, by 1+1>2 Architects
5. Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen Hotel, Playa del Carmen in Quintana Roo, Mexico, by Sordo Madaleno Arquitectos
6. Naman Retreat Pure Spa in Da Nang, Vietnam, by MIA Design Studio
7. Canberra Airport Hotel in Canberra, Australia, by Bates Smart
8. Good Morning Saigon in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, by a21studio
9. Nobu Ryokan in Malibu, USA, by Studio PCH
10. Baradari in City Palace Jaipur, Jaipur, India, by Studio Lotus
11. Le Meridien in Zhengzhou, China, by Neri&Hu Design and Research Office
12. Zaborin in Hokkaido, Japan, by nA Nakayama Architects
13. Nakâra 4* Residential Hotel in Cap d'Agde, France, by Jacques Ferrier Architecture
So many beautiful hotels, but there can only be one winner. If you want to have a look at all the other nominees for other categories, you can check them out here.
Which of these hotels would you want to book on your next trip out of town? Share them with us below!
This 6000 Year-Old Tree Has a Full Bar Inside
If you have an intense love of both drinking and nature, then this bar nestled inside a giant tree is the place for you!
If you're looking for a watering hole in the middle of the hot, dry savannas of South Africa, head on down to Sunland Big Baobab in Limpopo Province, South Africa where you can find both shade and a drink inside a giant 6000 year-old tree!
Step inside this 6,000 year-old baobab tree into a little bar!
Baobab trees naturally become hollow inside when they turn a thousand years old. Inside are caves and caverns created by Mother Nature herself. So not only do you get beautiful interiors within a thousand year-old baobab tree, but you also get great insulation. And that's what makes it the perfect place to set up a bar!...
15 of the World’s Cheapest Airlines
Looking for travel on the cheap? Try these airlines offering rock-bottom prices.
These days, the whole world is on the move. People have discovered how utterly microscopic the earth is, and are finding ways and means to transverse it as often as possible.
This goal is made even more obtainable, thanks to air travel. While quite a number of premier airlines are often prohibitive due to high ticket prices, other smaller airlines understand man’s need to travel often.
These airlines offer inexpensive airfare, and here are 15 of them to choose from:...
10+ of the Most Beautiful Destinations in the World
Which of these stunning destinations have taken your breath away?
Every country in the world has some unique offering tourists will find enchanting. Sometimes it’s the incomparable fiery sunsets, at other times it’s the fine powdery white sand or a splendid landscape.
Many a visitor has marveled at brilliantly constructed architecture, sparkling turquoise waters, sprawling cityscapes, or picturesque villages. This abundance of beauty, both natural and man-made never ceases to amaze.
Here are the top 10 most beautiful countries in the world::...