While energy drinks deliver an almost instantaneous stimulation of the senses, those who are fond of such beverages must think twice before having them. Recently, two teens are suspected to have died of heart attack as caused by such drinks.
Two 16-year-old kids, who never knew each other, are believed to have died of heart attack after having their respective energy drinks. Doctors suspect that the two had too much caffeine in their systems.
Medical experts claim that it is safe to consume around five cups of coffee in a day. However, one serving of energy drink contains caffeine that is equivalent to the amount found in four cups of coffee.
Lanna Hamann, a teenager from Arizona, was a healthy girl with no history of any heart ailment. Hence, her death due to a heart attack came as a shocker to her family and friends. In fact, she was having fun at a beach in Mexico with her friends when she suddenly experienced breathing difficulties until she collapsed. W
Apart from the shock over the loss of her child, Hamann’s mother was also baffled as it was discovered that her daughter had been dehydrated when she died. For the mother, this is puzzling as, after all, her daughter had been drinking her energy drinks that day. In fact, Hamann had just finished her favorite Red Bull moments before she collapsed.
Experts suspect that Lanna Hamman’s death by heart attack could have been caused by caffeine overdose because she had been drinking lots of energy drink prior to her collapse.
Just like Hamman, Davis Allen Cripe did not have a previous heart health problem. In contrast to the girl from Arizona, Cripe was not a big fan of energy drinks. However, on the fateful day of his death, the 16 year-old teenage boy from South Carolina must have felt so thirsty that he consumed, at least, three types of beverages, including an energy drink: All of which contained caffeine.
“On this particular day within the two hours prior to his death, we know had consumed a large diet Mountain Dew, a cafe latte from McDonald’s and also some type of energy drink. It was so much caffeine at the time of his death that it caused his arrhythmia,” revealed coroner Gary Watts, who, despite not being a medical expert, believes that that drinks with high caffeine content, such as energy drinks, aren’t good for anyone.
Davis Allen Cripe died after consuming several drinks that contained caffeine, including coffee latte and an energy drink.
According to the Food and Drug Administration, caffeine in doses up to 400 mg (about five cups of coffee) is still considered safe. The problem is, on the whole, one energy drink contains the same amount of caffeine as four cups of coffee, which means two servings of an energy drink can be equivalent to consuming eight cups of coffee. Hence, consuming more than one energy drink in a day may already put a person’s life in jeopardy.
“There is medical evidence that these things do harm, they can cause changes in the heart rhythm, and impact blood pressure,” said cardiologist Jack Wolfson.
Gross Moment Woman Is Caught Shaving Her Legs In A Busy Hotel Pool
Several children are swimming nearby as she casually shaves her legs.
Going on a holiday lets you experience home away from home. But one woman has taken the meaning too far as she was caught casually shaving her legs by a public pool packed with children swimmers.
The video showing the disgusting moment a woman is shaving her legs in the pool has gone viral after it was posted on Reddit. The holidaymaker, who's wearing a swimsuit, can be seen holding a razor and scraping her legs while children are in the pool.
She even rinsed the blade in the pool water. Disgusting.
Embarrassed Mom Rescued by Firemen After Getting STUCK in Child’s Swing
You bet she won’t be going on a child’s swing any time soon!
This is the embarrassing moment when a young mother had to be rescued by firemen after she gets stuck in a child’s swing. 23-year-old Megan Kenway-Head got trapped in the seat while she was at the playground of Weston Shore in Southampton, Engalnd with her family.
“Me and my family were enjoying a day out on bank holiday weekend and I decided to take the kids to the park,” the mother-of-two shared. Things, however, took a strange turn when she rode on the swing herself.
Stuck for over ONE hour – until the firemen arrived.
In Spider-Man Fashion, Brave Man Rescues Child Hanging From Fourth Floor Balcony
Surely, some heroes don’t wear masks and costumes.
Not all heroes wear costumes and are featured in movies. In fact, some are found on streets in plain clothes and walk the extra mile to help random strangers when the need arises - just like this Malian man who saved a child dangling from the balcony of an apartment building in France.
Mamoudou Gassama, 22 years-old, is now considered a hero after he scaled the fourth storey of an apartment building in France’s 18th arrondissement in order to save a child that has been holding on for dear life at the balcony. Using his bare hands,
Gassama skillfully scaled on the structure until he reached the fourth floor blacony where the boy was hanging. In less than 30 seconds, Gassama was able to save the unnamed boy just in the nick of time.
Like Us On Facebook
Beer Company Inadvertently Names their Beverage after Pubic Hair
Golden Retriever Being Abandoned By Its Owner Was Captured on Video
New Zealand Supermarkets Flocked by Panic-Buyers as Country Reimposes Lockdown
People Are Advised To Have Sεx With Masks On And Only ‘Do Positions Facing Away From Each Other’