How much should a man spend on an engagement ring for the woman he wants to marry? Half a year’s salary? Two months’ salary? None because diamond rings are instruments of capitalism?
That all really depends on what the man and his fiance-to-be believe.
Perhaps for regular people, a piece of jewelry should never be worth more than your home or your car. But for these incredibly wealthy men, spending a couple of million dollars on a ring for the woman they love isn’t a big deal. Just check out this list of the world’s most expensively extravagant engagement rings.
15. Jennifer Meyers Engagement Ring – $1 million
Owner: Jennifer Aniston from husband Justin Theroux
A 10-carat diamond ring in a solitaire cushion-shaped rose-cut diamond set in 18k yellow gold.
14. Robert Procop Engagement Ring – $1 million
Owner: Angelina Jolie from husband Brad Pitt
A total carat weight of 16 carats of tapered baguette diamonds around the ring set in 18k yellow gold.
13. Anita Ko Engagement Ring – $1.5 million
Owner: Kate Upton from fiance Justin Verlander
A one-of-a-kind diamond ring with a six-prong setting.
12. Lorraine Schwartz Engagement Ring – $2.5 million
Owner: Blake Lively from husband Ryan Reynolds
A 12 carat oval-cut solitaire diamond set in 18k rose gold set with micro pave diamonds.
11. Harry Winston Engagement Ring – $2.6 million
Owner: The late Jacqueline Onassis from husband Aristotle Onassis
40.42 carat marquise-cut diamond ring.
10. Graff Engagement Ring – $3 million
Owner: Melania Trump from husband Donald Trump
An 25 karat emerald-cut diamond ring.
9. Neil Lane Engagement Ring – $4.5 million
Owner: Jennifer Lopez from ex-husband Marc Anthony
A rare blue 8.5 carat diamond ring.
8. Cartier Engagement Ring – $4.6 million
Owner: The late Grace Kelly from husband Prince Rainier III of Monaco
A 10.47 emerald-cut diamond ring.
7. Paris Hilton's Engagement Ring – $4.7 million
Owner: Paris Hilton from ex-fiance Paris Latsis
A 24-carat canary diamond ring. The wedding was called off, but the ring was sold to help the victims of hurricane Katrina.
6. Lorraine Schwartz Engagement Ring – $5 million
Owner: Beyonce from husband Jay-Z
A flawless 18 carat emerald-cut diamond on a split shank band with micro pave diamonds.
5. Engagement Ring from Argyle, Western Australia – $5.4 million
Owner: Anna Kournikova from boyfriend Enrique Iglesias
A stunning champagne and cognac 11 carat pear-shaped diamond in a simple mount with diamond accents.
4. Lorraine Schwartz Engagement Ring – $8 million
Owner: Kim Kardashian from husband Kanye West
15 carat D color cushion-cut diamond set on a thin platinum band with micro pave diamonds.
3. Krupp Diamond Engagement Ring – $8.8 million
Owner: The late Elizabeth Taylor from ex-husband Richard Burton
A stunning 33.10 carat GIA certified Asscher cut diamond ring fit for the love of Richard Burton’s life.
2. Blue Diamond by Bvlgari- $9.5 million
Owner: Bought by Graff Diamonds
The 5.4 carat blue diamond engagement ring by Bvlgari was sold at an auction held in London by Bonham’s Fine Jewelry.
1. Wilfred Rosado Engagement Ring – $10 million
Owner: Mariah Carey from ex-fiance James Packer
To top off the list is the 35 carat diamond and platinum engagement ring from her billionaire ex-fiance!