We’ve been told time and again that breakups are never easy. Regardless whether you happen to be the dumpee or the dumper, the truth of the matter is that it will never be an easy task to do. What they didn’t tell us however, is that the post-breakup that’s harder to deal with. The letting go and moving on that leaves this black hole and gut wrenching pain in us that we just wish would go away instantly. No matter if it has just been a day or a year since your breakup, here’s a guide on surviving the inevitable and hopefully leads you to a happier life sometime soon.
1. Cry it out by all means. Honor the pain because it's normal
2. Think and focus on something else. While it's obviously a hard thing to do, moving on starts here
3. Write down what you feel in a journal. You don't have to send it to your ex after, but pouring out what you feel on paper that doesn't judge you will in due course make you feel so much better
4. Throw away everything that reminds you of him. Burn them if you wish.
5. Fill your fridge with your favorite food and drinks, of course.
6. Create artworks that best describe how you feel.
7. Eat loads of ice cream
8. Advertise your ex on Craigslist.
9. Photoshop your favorite artist onto your ex's head in your photos with him
10. Create a Tinder account of course! Just keep swiping right!
11. Come up with a breakup playlist
12. Create a very long list of why you shouldn't even consider going back to that person
13. Go to the gym and get fit
14. Get a pet. They're definitely way better than your crappy boyfriend
15. Spoil and pamper yourself. You deserve it.
16. Do not mope. Create a black book and get back in the scene
17. Recognize that you were the one that got away
18. And that your ex was trash
19. Create a post break up thread on your favorite forum or social media site
If this list doesn’t get you through the horrific break up, we don’t know what will.