- Governor Andrew Cuomo announced in a press conference that the New York Annual State Fair 2020 will be a full virtual experience.
- This is in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Despite this, the Annual Butter Sculpture remained. On September 1st, the butter artwork was finished.
- The sculpture showed a timely theme: the new normal.
- The state government opened virtual activities and contests for the fair fans.
The third-largest state fair in the U.S., the New York State Fair, may have been postponed this year because of the coronavirus pandemic but the American Dairy Association kept one of its most anticipated annual tradition – presenting a Butter Sculpture for the fair fans.
“The Great New York State Fair is a cherished tradition for which many New Yorkers build their summer vacations and travel plans around,” Governor Andrew Cuomo said. “Though COVID-19 has postponed our great Fair, New Yorkers have found a way to put a new spin on this 178-year long tradition to continue to virtually enjoy the Fair during these challenging times.”
The 52nd New York State Fair butter sculpture entitled, “Nourishing Our Future” was presented at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, N.Y.
One of the fair’s most anticipated attractions, this year’s annual Butter Sculpture, was completed on September 1st inside the Dairy Products Building. Carved from 800 pounds of butter, the sculpture also has a timely theme: the new normal.
The “new normal” carved out from 800 lbs of butter.
The new normal depicted in the butter artwork depicts two vignettes. On one side a dairy farmer giving milk to a child studying on the laptop. On the other side, there is a child in school while a school nutrition worker delivers a meal tray.
Student in school being offered a meal tray.
A student studying from home receives a bottle of milk.
In addition to the Butter Sculpture, the fair is also hosting a make-your-own butter sculpture contest for fans online through their Facebook page. There are also special events and activities to enjoy like State Fair At Home parties, virtual farm visits and food drive-thru on the fairgrounds.
Life-sized cutouts were strategically placed around upon the presentation of the Butter Sculpture.
State Agriculture Commissioner Richard A. Ball said that though it is a difficult time, the state government is proud to share this new way of enjoying the fair.
New York State Fair Director Troy Waffner shared that they received inquiries about the fair traditions. He also promised to use this time to plan a greater fair next time.
New Mario Kart Game Turns Your Home Into An Awesome Race Track
Now you can play Mario Kart in a real world setting!
- Nintendo's new Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit allows you to turn your home into a virtual race track.
- The Nintendo Switch game is set for an October 16 release.
The Tragic Backstory Behind The Song ‘Wake Me Up When September Ends’
We’ve seen the funny memes but the story behind Green Day’s song is definitely no laughing matter.
- Green Day's 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' often gets shared on social media every year whenever September comes.
- Unknown to some, the song has a sad backstory.
- Frontman Billie Joe Armstrong talked about it during the band's 2019 appearance on The Howard Stern Show.
Viral Photo Shows Two Girls Studying Outside Taco Bell To Use Free WiFi
The harsh reality is that not all learners have access to the internet.
- A viral Instagram photo showed two girls studying outside a Taco Bell restaurant in California.
- According to the original post, the youngsters, using their laptops and notebooks, were doing their homework.
- The viral post sparked a discussion about the "digital divide" that some learners experience nowadays as distance learning becomes the new normal for many schools.
World’s First Happiness Museum Opens in Denmark
Why Nevada’s U.S. Route 50 Is Called “The Loneliest Road In America”
Simple and Easy: How to Make a Self-Watering Planter
Stranded American Backpacker Adopted by Family in a Remote Village
Australian Woman Finds Around 20 Venomous Spiders On Her Swimming Pool
Torre Scola, a Fortress at Sea in La Spezia, Italy
The Lençóis Maranhenses National Park in Brazil
Kindergarten Teacher Moved From Class After His Tattoos Scared A Child
Videos6 days ago
Huge Fire Breaks Out In Huawei 5G Research Facility In China
Travel7 days ago
The Circular Gardens of Brøndby Haveby
Sci/Tech6 days ago
How An Old TV Caused An Entire Village To Lose Broadband Access Daily For 18 Months
Travel7 days ago
Algar de Benagil, Portugal’s Most Stunning Sea Cave