Watch out baby powder users. The company Johnson & Johnson is again in hot water after a court trial wrapped in California. The jury has ordered the company to pay $417 million to a woman who claimed she developed ovarian c***** after using Johnson’s Baby Powder for feminine hygiene.
Eva Echeverria, 63 years old, has won the largest lawsuit yet against one of the biggest companies that produce talc-based powders. She claimed the talcum content of the product she used since she was 11 years old was linked to her developing one of the most aggressive types of c***** in women.
Eva Echeverria, 63, was diagnosed with ovarian c***** in 2007.
The jury has reached the judgment after a month-long trial in Los Angeles Superior Court. They ordered the company to pay in punitive damages, which is the last case among a string of cases against the consumer-products maker. The verdict included about $70 million in compensatory damages and $347 million in punitive damages. The company faces about 4,800 more similar claims across the country.
This is what the fight with c***** has done to Eva.
Echeverria alleged Johnson & Johnson did not warn their consumers about talcum powder’s potential c***** risk, specifically when used for feminine hygiene.
She used the product since the 1950s until 2016.
Mark Robinson, her lawyer, said in a statement as reported by Reuters:
“We are grateful for the jury’s verdict on this matter and that Eva Echeverria was able to have her day in court.”
This followed a similar case when the family of a woman who had d*** of ovarian c***** filed a lawsuit at the St. Louis circuit court.
Jacqueline Fox from Birmingham, Alabama d*** of ovarian c***** after decades of using the same product. Her family received $10 million in actual damages and an additional $62 for punitive damages.
Johnson & Johnson said in a statement:
“We will appeal today’s verdict because we are guided by the science, which supports the safety of Johnson’s Baby Powder.”
Talcum powder is made from talc, a mineral made up mainly of the elements silicon, magnesium, and oxygen.
According to the American C***** Society, talcum powder absorbs moisture and aids in cutting down friction. Both babies and adults have widely used it. However, talc, in its natural form, contains asbestos. This substance has been linked to c*****.
Moreover, studies have suggested that talcum powder may cause ovarian c***** if the particles travel through the v*****, uterus and to the ovaries. This means that if the substance is applied to the g****** area, the risk of developing ovarian c***** increases.
Marine Park Trainer in China Puts Lipstick on Beluga Whale, Sparks Outrage
She did it to make the whale look “prettier.”
Being viral is what everybody wants to be, especially for businesses and wanna-be celebrities. People will do even the craziest things just to get famous online. A marine park trainer pulls a stunt possibly to make the park's videos viral, but it earned her so much more.
The park in question is Sun Asia Ocean World in Dalian in North Eastern China. In one of the videos that featured the park's attractions, a female trainer was seen putting on bright red lipstick on a beluga whale's lips....
Kim Jong-un Brought Personal Toilet To Protect His Stools During Sit-Down With Trump
Kim Jong-un took “keeping one’s privacy” to the next level.
Kim Jong-un took “keeping one’s privacy” to the next level. North Korean officials made sure that he will have a safe arrival for his sit-down with President Donald Trump in Singapore for the Trump-Kim summit. To make this possible, they used two decoy airplanes to protect the Supreme Leader's stools. Yes, you read that right.
Bringing his own bodyguards and food supply is definitely nothing out of the ordinary. However, tagging a portable toilet along certainly dropped a lot of jaws. Kim's security team brought the bathroom fixture to Singapore in an effort to “deny determined sewer divers insights into the supreme leader's stools.”...
Fear Grips India As Rare Virus Continues To Claim Lives, May Become Global Epidemic
The disease is suspected to be caused by infected fruit bats.
Several people in southern India have died after they have been infected with a virus that causes flu-like symptoms at first and develops into something more agonizing as the disease progresses. What is more alarming is that, according to health officials, the rare disease may even become a global epidemic if it is not contained.
Emergency measures are being taken in the southwestern state of Kerala in India after almost 50 people have been infected with the Nipah virus. While those infected only experience flu-like symptoms at the onset, the agony aggravates as the symptoms progress to encephalitis, a condition characterized by the swelling of the brain....